Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Product review. Ventureheat liners.

Product review. Ventureheat liners. 20 Jun 2021 19:55 #34514

• Dirtpilot
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 36
Do you feel the cold? Want to extend your riding into the colder months? 

Nothing is worse than being cold on the bike. Its also dangerous as you lose concentration and reaction times. I always considered heated riding gear a bit of a over the top, but in recent times taken a closer look to see what its all about.

I ended up buying a Ventureheat 12v heated vest. Unfortunately they no longer make it, but the sleeved liner is available. The idea behind this gear is to keep your core warm, but add on heated gloves, pants and socks can be added. The vest comes with a wiring loom that connects to you battery terminals with an inline fuse. If you are running a compressor or charger a SAE adapter is available to you don't need to install multi cables.

The vest/ jacket is made out of wind stopper material with a short cable and a 3 setting control pad . Also you can get a handlebar remote controller. I tried the vest on a recent winter ride and its a game changer. The day was between 4 and 13 degrees. I ran the vest on high and medium for most of the day. High setting is great for fast road transports. The vest has heating elements in the collar, back and front. The jacket has them in the sleeves as well. It fits nice under my Klim Badlands jacket. As soon as it turns on the heat can be felt. Highly recommend this gear for colder rides.

Benefits of using heated liners is you don't need so many layers under your jacket. You can keep your core warm by adjusting the temps to suit the conditions. The jacket is about $250 and is available from Zarkie online or from their showroom in Moorabbin.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Product review. Ventureheat liners. 21 Jun 2021 07:39 #34517

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
I've been in 2 minds about these heated vests.

My opinion is unimportant at this stage, but I have a customer who wants to supply me with custom made and printed heated vests.  I'll probably meet with him during the week to check his offerings out.

Could work out to be under $200 and be  decorated ith AMTRA logos.
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

Product review. Ventureheat liners. 21 Jun 2021 18:13 #34522

• Jeff Grogan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 100
Yep, im considering heated jacket and gloves 

Product review. Ventureheat liners. 21 Jun 2021 20:56 #34525

• Dirtpilot
  • Administrator
Jeff Grogan wrote:
Yep, im considering heated jacket and gloves 

You will not regret it.

Product review. Ventureheat liners. 26 Jun 2021 22:30 #34549

• Dirtpilot
  • Administrator
Update.

Went out today for 200km/ 6 hour ride around Kinglake/ Dissa. Showers and temp was around 6 to 8 degrees. Total convert to this heated gear. Just so good, had it on medium and high for the entire red. Well worth it. Note of caution, couple of riders had the Venture battery 7v tops, performance on these are not anywhere near as good as the pug in 12v, worth noting.
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds