Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Big River Adventure.

Big River Adventure. 26 Jun 2020 12:16 #32670

• Dirtpilot
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 36
Sunday 28th June. Easy ride, big twin friendly. Kinglake, Marysville, Big River Road.Then either Jamison, Woodspoint back to Marysville. Or Lunch in Thornton/ Eildon, then back via Black Range to Glenburn.  70% road, 30% dirt road.

Meeting Kinglake United Service station 8am.  Finish whenever.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Big River Adventure. 26 Jun 2020 16:06 #32672

• dennisd
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Despite such an early start for a retired gent, please count me in on my new bike.

Big River Adventure. 26 Jun 2020 23:13 #32676

• Dirtpilot
  • Administrator
Make it 8.30.

Big River Adventure. 27 Jun 2020 14:33 #32677

• Scott200
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 54
Hey Patrick , would love to join you but a bit far for me in Winter , we got home in the dark last Sunday and that was riding down my way . Enjoy guys , regards Scott

Big River Adventure. 28 Jun 2020 09:07 #32678

• Ian Robinson
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 119
Was planning on going. Normally wake up at 4-4.30 everyday so did not set the alarm. I should have set the alarm.
Joined 1972. Life member since 1982

Big River Adventure. 28 Jun 2020 20:35 #32679

• dennisd
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
You missed a good one Ian! Thanks Pat for such a good ride. It gave me and my new bike a good workout! Next on my shopping list is decent tyres. The standard  tyres that are really road tyres made for some scary times on the wet, muddy clay tracks. Door to door for me was 378 km. It turned into a fine sunny day but a bit cold in the morning - it ranged from -2 to +4  but warmed up to a top of 8 degrees in the afternoon. These new bike have all the gadgets, including a temperature indication!  Thank goodness for the heated grips on my new bike. Six of us headed out at 8:45.

From Kinglake we made our way via Toolangi and Narbethong to the Marysville cake shop for a very welcome hot coffee. Then the big adventure along the full length of the Big River Road. Lots of campers in any open area near the road. Most of the road was an easy, well graded dirt road, despite my unsuitable tyres. It was the rocky downhill section about 2/3 of the way that I found a bit challenging on the big bike - wet slippery rocks as well as some muddy sections. At least the creek crossings were not difficult and then it was back to smooth dirt till we hit the Eildon - Jamieson Road. Lunch at the shop at Thornton.

Our return to King Lake took us along Black Range Road, that seemed endless! Some really good and some sections really muddy slop - real exciting on road tyres! Corners in the shaded areas were often particularly challenging.

Overall a great day out on the bikes with good company. Thanks for the big adventure Pat.

Big River Adventure. 29 Jun 2020 18:31 #32681

• Dirtpilot
  • Administrator
I really think you should try Continental TKC80’s as your next set of tyres.
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds