Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ride for Ted Level 1 / 2 & Level 2+ Rides

Ride for Ted Level 1 / 2 & Level 2+ Rides 27 Jan 2016 18:44 #13998

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
As a club I think it is nice that we look out for each other in many ways. Most of us know about the financial drain when a member of the family can't work let alone needing continual medical treatment.

Anyone who has been around this great club for more than a year or so would have most likely come in contact with Ted Hemmingway and the man love he spreads, not only is he one of the finest human beings you could come in contact with but for most of us we have the privilege of calling him a mate.

Gary Clarke and I had a chat today and have decided that we would like to put a ride on in Teds honor and in the mean time raise some cash to assist Ted and Helen with his recovery from his recent bought of Jack the Dancer. We will take donations of just about any kind from Cash to goods donations that can be used for raffle prizes etc. The ride details are as follows-

The ride for Ted will be held on Saturday the 20/2/2016 at Neerim South, there will be a Level 1 slash 2 ride which will be real easy open trails with maybe an odd tree branch to duck under or roll over, or a puddle to go around. As I said The Level 1 slash 2 ride will be open type terrain like Darren has been using for his loops around Neerim, Darren is coming along to lead the morning ride and at this stage I will lead the the arvo loop.  As with all beginners rides some of it could be challenging if you have never ridden in the bush before but as with all AMTRA rides there will be lots of support and encouragement and more experienced riders around to help you out.

Their is enough interest in attending so we will also run a Level 2 plus loop at the same time lead by Flipper who has been running this loop previously. Normally a good mix of overgrown unused trails, deep ruts, tree roots, log hoping, up hill, down hill, creeks, bog holes and if you can keep up with him a clubman pace. However there is no need to keep up with him as you ride at a pace that suits you, there will also be lots of support and encouragement and more experienced riders around to help you out if you want to step up from Level 2 to try a bit harder ride and as we said you can always switch to the easier ride in the arvo for a rest, wont cost you much, probably a gold coin donation but I will leave that up to Bob to work out.

We will meet around 8am at the DEPI trailbike unloading area {Please see
attached link}
http://www.depi.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/225621/FS0098_-_Latrobe_Trail_Bike_Visitor_Area.pdf
for an on the bikes for 9am and returningto the carpark around 12.30 ish for a Barby and raffle draw then back out for another loop around 2 ish returning around 5 ish. You will need fuel for around 100klms but I would recommend a full tank of fuel for each loop just to be on the
safe side so bring your spare fuel to top up your tank.  When replying to this post please indicate which level ride you wish to attend, bearing in mind if you want a good easy day go L1 / L2 loop but if you want a great day with some challenges go the L2 plus loop, bearing in mind you can swap at lunchtime or do a Billy Toan and do a 1/2 day ride , its what ever suits you best type of day.

Flipper has agreed to lead a Level 2 plus loop so get your name down quick for this as I'm sure he may want to cap the numbers he takes out, but then we can also run another L2 + loop or even a single only loop if we have enough.
There is no charge to enter the ride and no requirement to make donations or buy raffle tickets, but please remember what this day is all about, so if you can open your wallet even if it is just to let one moth out it will be great appreciated. If you cant make the ride and you wish to donate, cash can be deposited straight into the club bank account or passed onto someone who is coming along, or you can contact myself or Gary Clarke or our club President Mat Richmond to make other arrangements etc.

In true AMTRA spirit we have some members who have well and truly stepped up to the plate to assist us with the running of the day, but we still need folks to come along and ride and spend some gold coins on the day with us. So please encourage each other to come along and spend a day socializing with other club members and with a ride to boot  raising money for not only a long time AMTRA member but a top bloke as well, what more could one want. But also if most of us could just keep an eye out for any goods worthy of being raffle prizes that would be awesome too.

Thank you everyone for reading and considering and please dig as deep as you can, I'm sure every penny will count and help, regards Will.

P.S. Please insure that all goods are suitable for use and if second hand in good usable condition. Please no SEX Toys butAlcohol is OK.

Equipment required to be either donated or borrowed for the day
Quick shade x 2
1/ Nathan Stott
2/ Seano

Eskys- apparently Johnny and Bob are bringing a Chilly Bin but Gary Clarke is
bringing an Esky
2 x Tables, Gary Clarke
Barby's and gas bottle's x 2 
1/ Gary Clarke
2/ Mark Clark

Raffle tickets, Ken R
Hand wash or sanitizer, Ken R
Gloves for food preparation, Ken R
Bucket to draw the raffle out off, Ken R
Paper towel and or napkins, Ken R

Donations
Barby supplies, Sausages, bread, tea coffee, soft drinks, sauces etc JD, SD and
GC
2nd hand hand tools Will
Renthal Fatbar pad Will
Asterix Knee braces 2nd hand, Will
Second hand Enduro Jacket Blue Medium, Will
3 sets of goggles, Will
Kentucky Bourbon, Will
A bottle of Wolf Yellow Label Merlot. Frankie
A bottle of Penfolds Cabernet Shiraz bin 389. Frankie
A bottle of Yarra Velley Gulf Station  Cabernet Sauvignon. Frankie
A bottle of 2000 Brokenwood Shiraz. Frankie
Johnny Walker Green Label, Michael
Michelin 18inch UHD tube, Michael
Johnny Walker, Fredo
Matrix bike work mat, Darren L
Michey 110/100-18 starcross rear tyre, Marko
7 litre 12 volt travel cooler and warmer Colin P
10 bottles of wine Pommy Matt
Corona beer Gary Clarke
Tie downs Gary Clarke
Leatt Hybrid 3DF elbow guards size S/M Nathan S
set of wheels for an Italian husky, 21 inch front 18 inch rear  Nathan S
brand new front and rear brake discs to suit KTM Husaberg and Husqvarna , Nathan S
Scott Goggles Clive
Wine and cloths from John Read
2  x ARB eskies ( full size ), Scotty
3 -x Car emergency / breakdown kit's ( torch , gloves , road triangle , blanket & heaps of other stuff ), Scotty
1 x  Hema maps 4wd Adventures top 100 journeys map book from ARB, Scotty
2 x bottles of JIm Beam, Scotty
4 x  bottles of various wines, Scotty
Scott Anaheim Enduro jacket JD and the Sheriff

Helpers
Gary Clarke 0402130135
Will Munro 0477690699
Sandra AKA Bob, Sargent at arms, donation extractor extraordinaire, fine giverer, Look out folks she will fine you for just being nice so best you be on your worse behavior and make everyone count. Why not come in fancy dress and see what Bob comes up with.
Flipper, Level 2+ loop Ride leader
Pommy Mat Tail person L1/2 ride
Al Mason L2+ Ride
Johnny De'Goey, My Kitchen Rules Extraordinaire, Chef and chief barby takacarer
Bill Toan, General hand, Ride lists, quick shade erector, dish washer, crutch bearer, shit stirrer..... and anything else he can think off

Level 1 / Level 2 Ride attendees
Ride leaders: -
Darren Lynch, Morning loop
Will Munro, Arvo loop
Tailperson: Pommy Mat
1, Marc H
2, Sandra D "AKA" Bob.  Sargent at Arms..........
3, Ken R Arvo ride
4, Bill Toan Arvo ride
5, Fredo
6, Scotty
7, Marko
8, Wade E
9, Steve Wiseman
10, Kenny B
11, Geoff L
12, Graydon
13, Annie Brice
14, Paul Brice
15, John Read
16, Shelly

Level 2 plus Ride attendees
Ride leader: Peter Dunlop { AKA. Flipper}
Tailperson: Al Mason
1, Gary Clarke
2, Frankie Boy
3, Ken R Morning arvo
4, Seano
5, Nathan Stott
6, Mark Clark
7, Alex Peacock
8, Michael "AKA" Ausberg
9, Colin P
10, Tony H morning
11, Steve M
12. John T
13, Mark Judkins Morning Loop
14, Greg Judkins Arvo Loop
15, Clive
16, Ausberg Mikes Mate
17, Rudi W
18, Twisti
19, Muss
20, Trev
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence
Last Edit: 18 Feb 2016 22:42 by Willbar.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ride for Ted Level 1 / 2 27 Jan 2016 20:15 #13999

• Frankieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 105
I'll be there level 2 +
I will bring
A bottle of Wolf Yellow Label Merlot.
A bottle of Penfolds Cabernet Shiraz bin 389.
A bottle of Yarra Velley Gulf Station  Cabernet Sauvignon.
A bottle of 2000 Brokenwood Shiraz.

& I'll see what else I can find to bring along.
Don't mess with old bikers, they don't just look crazy. :)

My first motor bike ride at the age 13, 58 years later I'm still riding.

Ride for Ted Level 1 / 2 27 Jan 2016 21:32 #14000

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
Frankieboy wrote:
I'll be there level 2 +
I will bring

& I'll see what else I can find to bring along.
Thanks mate that's awesome
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence

Ride for Ted Level 1 / 2 & Level 2+ Rides 28 Jan 2016 15:51 #14011

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
Willbar wrote:
As a club I think it is nice that we look out for each other in many ways. Most of us know about the finantial drain when a member of the
family can't work let alone needing continual medical treatment.

Anyone who has been around this great club for more than a year or so would have most likely come in contact with Ted Hemmingway and the man love he spreads, not only is he one of the finest human beings you could come in contact with but for most of us we have the privilege of calling him a mate.

Gary Clarke and I had a chat today and have decided that we would like to put a ride on in Teds honor and in the mean time raise
some cash to assist Ted and Helen with his recovery from his recent bought of Jack the Dancer. We will take donations of just about any kind from Cash to goods donations that can be used for raffle prizes etc. The ride details are as follows-

The ride for Ted will be held on Saturday the 20/2/2016 at Neerim South, the main ride will be a Level 1 slash 2 ride and will be adjusted
according to the riders capabilities. If their is enough interest in attending we will also run a Level 2 plus loop at the same time as per how Flipper has been running his loop. The Level 1 slash 2 ride will be open type terrain like Darren has been using for his loops around Neerim, some of it may be challenging if you have never ridden in the bush before but of you have done 1 or 2 Phil rides it will be a breaze.

We will meet around 8am for an on the bikes for 9am returning to the carpark around 12.30 ish for a Barby and raffle draw then back out for another loop around 2 ish returning around 5 ish. A full tank of fuel will be required for each loop so bring your spare fuel to top up your tank.  When replying to this post please indicate which level ride you wish to attend, bearing in mind if you want a good easy day go L1 / L2 loop but if you want a great day with some challenges go the L2 plus loop, bearing in mind you can swap at lunchtime or do a Billy Toan and do a 1/2 day ride , its what ever suits you best type of day.
Flipper has agreed to lead a Level 2 plus loop so get your name down quick for this as I'm sure he may want to cap the numbers he takes out.
There is no charge to enter the ride and no requirement to make donations or buy raffle tickets, but please remember what this day is all about, so if you can open your wallet even if it is just to let one moth out it will be great appreciated. If you cant make the ride and you wish to donate, cash can be deposited straight into the club bank account or passed onto someone who is coming along, or you can contact myself or Gary Clarke or our club President Mat Richmond to make other arrangements etc.

We are also looking for some members to assist with the running of day, we need a couple of people to cook the barby, look after the raffle and ride attendees draw etc. But if most of us could just keep an eye out for any sponsors of goods that would be awesome too.

Thank you everyone for reading and considering and please dig as deep as you can, I'm sure every penny will count and help, regards Will.

P.S. Please insure that all goods are suitable for use and if second hand in good usable condition. Please no SEX Toys :) but Alcohol is OK.

Donations
Asterix Knee braces 2nd hand
3 sets of goggles

Helpers
Gary Clarke 0402130135
Will Munro 0477690699
Pommy Mat

Level 1 / Level 2 Ride attendees
1, Pommy Mat

Level 2 plus Ride attendees
Ride leader: Peter Dunlop { AKA. Flipper}
1, Gary Clarke
2, Frankie Boy
UPDATE: Flipper has offered to lead the Level 2 plus loop which will free Gary up for other duties on the day, Thanks Pete.

Ride for Ted Level 1 / 2 & Level 2+ Rides 28 Jan 2016 17:51 #14012

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
The Barby has been generously covered by some members both in full sponsorship of supplies plus Johnny D has volunteered to cook it, Thanks JD and Bob.

Ride for Ted Level 1 / 2 & Level 2+ Rides 28 Jan 2016 18:05 #14014

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
Bob has kindly offered to be our Sargent at Arms for the day, she will be looking to fine you for anything and everything and of coarse for all donations you will receive a raffle ticket in return for what should be a massive raffle. If we can get close to what the raffle was like when we did this back in 2012 for Cathy Steele just about everyone went home with a prize or 2 so fingers crossed.

Ride for Ted Level 1 / 2 28 Jan 2016 18:13 #14015

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
Of something I just thought of we need some equipment to run the day so if anyone can either donate or lend to us for the day would be awesome.....

Quick shade x 2
1/
2/
Raffle tickets
Eskys Johnny and Bob
Barby's and gas bottle's x 2 
1/ Gary Clarke
2/
Hand wash or sanitizer, Ken R
Gloves for food preparation, Ken R
Bucket to draw the raffle out off, Ken R
Paper towel and or napkins, Ken R
Last Edit: 28 Jan 2016 19:12 by Willbar.

Ride for Ted Level 1 / 2 & Level 2+ Rides 28 Jan 2016 18:30 #14016

• Gary Clarke
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Me , 2 x tables 
Me,  cans of soft drink , ice and esky

Ride for Ted Level 1 / 2 28 Jan 2016 18:36 #14017

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Put me down for hard in the morning and soft in the arvo. Please tell me if I am being too ambitious Flipper.

Also put me down for hand wash, bucket, tickets, gloves and paper towels.
It's just more time to be flat out!

Ride for Ted Level 1 / 2 & Level 2+ Rides 28 Jan 2016 18:37 #14018

• nathanstott
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Hey Will, great job organising this for Ted.
Put me down for the level 2+ ride.
Also put me down for lending a quick shade.
I'll also sort out the raffle tickets, bucket, paper towel and hand sanitiser 
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds