Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Neerim South 16/06/14

Neerim South 16/06/14 16 Jun 2014 10:47 #3164

• lefty
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
The forecast for Sunday was for showers and maybe rain. When I got onto the Packy Bypass the heavens opened up, not good. No sooner did I reach Gumbya Park it stopped and the sun was breaking through. At the unload point the fog had lifted and sure enough we were blessed by a sunny day. 5 riders made it to what was an explore/suck and see ride. Will and Gary nutting the loops out through the day which proved to have some new and old tracks added. Will can probably fill you in on route we took as there were plenty. Some parts of Neerim you'd think it hadn't rained in weeks but others the opposite. Quite a few skinny tracks and a few fast flowing whoop tracks for a blast oh and a couple of creek crossings and mud pits. The ride flowed freely and with only a few regroups to nut out the new tracks. Mick found out about the 'Neerim sand/grit' as his front calliper sh1t itself by locking on to the disc. Brake pads completly worn down, so off came the calliper, didnt slow him down though. Well done to Matt for your knowledge there. We encountered a few other groups of riders on the day but no problems were had. A real enjoyable day and home just on dark which is now 5.30. Gotta hate that. Thanks to Will,Gary,Matt and Mick for the day. 9am to 3.40pm with 83ks on my speedo.
Cheers,
Lefty.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Neerim South 16/06/14 16 Jun 2014 12:45 #3165

• Gary Clarke
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Thanks Will for another good day out, perfect weather  with a good group of riders,  the last narrow track for the day was fun, cheers Gary.

Will at the 1/2 way lunch stop.

Neerim South 16/06/14 16 Jun 2014 14:33 #3167

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Thanks guys, even though I felt like I had been hit by a train this morning but flying now. 81klm wow Im surprised we did that many. The creak crossing was a character building as was the enduro loop when I high sided off down the 5meter embankment then couldn't get back up to get my bike as it was way to slippery. Frankie's track is now officially in the loop after a inspection of it. Its not as bad as previous rides but will test some's character's. As for the other new tite trails they are getting better every time we go out. Thanks to the other 4 who came and supported.
Hey Gaz I reckon that last track would have been much better with a bit more water on it, it just didn't seam slippery enough did it ;)
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence
Last Edit: 16 Jun 2014 18:45 by Willbar.

Neerim South 16/06/14 16 Jun 2014 21:42 #3174

• mik m
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks Will for a top day out in the Neerim Mud, Enjoyed the good mix of single trail, muddy S/T, rutted out mud pits and open stuff with  nice whoops to get some air, Thanks to everyone  for helping in the mud pits and some trackside modifications  to my braking systems,
Very enjoyable day out, Cant wait for the next one.
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds