Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Cruisy Ride Marysville June 8th 2014

Cruisy Ride Marysville June 8th 2014 09 Jun 2014 20:28 #3040

• Phil Randall
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 50
I  always have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the weather man.   Seldom what I want for the occasion,  but then after all,  this is Melbourne.   However he/she redeemed themselves on Sunday with a perfect day.  Clear sunshine  with moist and tacky tracks, most of the time.
          They started to arrive pretty much on time and to my delight just sort of kept on coming.  I was expecting less than ten. We got away without too much delay though the Husky was a bit doubtful with no back brake and  a couple of  fall offs  reminded me of the perils of red clay.  There are a couple of slippery hills that are difficult to avoid so a few extra regroups were in order.
          Ted made the usual spectacle of himself, there was not a lot of puddles around, but he found one of course  and wore the mud as a testimonial for the rest of the day.
We stayed in the triangle all day, went round in circles a bit, but it was great riding along easy going tracks and the Marys ville cake shop is always a nice interlude, and back to the cars at about 3.30 pm.
           I had a great day, and my thanks  to all who came.
all for now,
Phil R.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cruisy Ride Marysville June 8th 2014 09 Jun 2014 20:44 #3041

• colinl
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
sorry i missed this one, with the bike loaded off i headed for a 2 hour trip. but with the navman having a hissy fit and then leaving the melways behind.
alright alright i got lost.:(

Cruisy Ride Marysville June 8th 2014 09 Jun 2014 21:25 #3043

• lukey
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Phil many thanks for the great ride who said rear brakes are so over rated lol you only need then when going down hill very fast on the red greasy red wet clay and realize no brakes ,i would also like to say may thanks to the tail man sorry i for got your name many thanks for your help what am trying to say after many years not on the trails its so nice to go on a ride and feel so welcome no mater what see you next month with rear brakes great ride
thanks john luke

Cruisy Ride Marysville June 8th 2014 10 Jun 2014 19:27 #3051

• Marsh
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Phil, thanks for a great day.  First ride with the club and it's great to see so many give assistance to all as required or when needed.

Cruisy Ride Marysville June 8th 2014 18 Jun 2014 15:35 #3218

• chrisc4403
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Phil,  my first ride with your club, thanks for letting me bring my mate along. had an awesome time, what a great bunch of blokes.
I will definitely  be joining you on the next one.   Chris Carmona
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds