Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Mt Disappointment Clubman, Sat 20th August

Mt Disappointment Clubman, Sat 20th August 22 Aug 2022 10:11 #35910

• Mark S
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Approaching Mt Disappointment the weather was clear until I arrive when the rain started. Shane Roberts, Steve and Jeff Grogan all turn up and we chat under cover waiting for the rain to subside. Eventually we are ready with only light showers persisting. Jeff decides to go home instead. The showers lasted for about half an hour then that was it for the day. 
The three of us flowing well. Some recent logging destroyed half of a fun technical track then not long after my rear brake appeared to hold on. After stopping we found a thick stick stuck solidly between the front of the swing arm and the tyre. I had to loosen the rear axle to dislodge it. 
Conditions were not too slippery and we progressed to the Northern grass hills area in good time. Up and down some steep tracks then on our way to No 1 camp. On a recently graded track I came around a corner  to be confronted with water filled 4wd wheel ruts. No problem, just ride between them. Wrong. My bike instantly sinks to its axles in quicksand like conditions. It took the three of us to get it out with boots filled with mud. Thanks Shane and Steve. 
The ride back was fast and parts technical which slowly wore out Steve. He persisted well until near the end a slippery, rutted steep gorge climb exhausted his energy reserves. Leaving him at the cars, Shane and I proceeded onto a hard going tech track and a couple more before finishing about half an hour later. 
A great day's ride with some top guys. 
Thanks. Next ride possibly in October. 
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds