Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Toolangi Level 2/Clubman Saturday 5th March 2022

Toolangi Level 2/Clubman Saturday 5th March 2022 12 Mar 2022 12:02 #35510

• simonj
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
Level 2/Clubman Saturday 5th March 2022Toolangi Level 2/Clubman Saturday 5th March 2022
Just a quick write-up...4 members and 1 guest turned up at a deserted Toolangi unloading area at Marginal Road bright and early. We  were on the bikes just before 9, with conditions overcast. A washed out rocky climb to get warmed up and the forearms aching, and then into some overgrown tracks  with dozens of slippery badly angled fallen trees to jump over, everyone was soaked to the skin by the end of that lot...
We headed over towards Aeroplane Track on some freshly bulldozed tracks, had a lunch break at Mt. Klondyke, then headed north to Reds East Track where everyone had a go at one of the nastiest climbs in the area. Dropping my rear tyre down to 4 or 5 psi got me an extra 250 metres or so but bloody hard going, super-steep and loose rocks the size of footballs - not nice!
A bit of a zoom around some narrower tracks and the Dave took us along the powerlines and to an overgrown track near the fenceline that I don't recall ever seeing before. 
I was skeptical that we would get through but with some creative lines and some cooperative pushing and shoving we made  it back up onto Martins.  Simon W. and Shane left a bit early down Marginal while Dave, Jeff and I took in some challenging loops on our way back to the cars, arriving about 3.30 (?) I think.  The pace was good all day, and good skills on display in somewhat challenging terrain and weather.  
Great day (well I thought so...), thanks to everyone for coming along, I loved every minute of it... Cheers!
Last Edit: 12 Mar 2022 12:06 by simonj.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds