Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Toolangi Level 2 - 31/1/21

Toolangi Level 2 - 31/1/21 01 Feb 2021 11:19 #33909

• simonj
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
Just a quick report on the Level 2 at Toolangi yesterday...
Twelve riders turned up bright and early, great to see some new and old faces. We were away on time at 9.00 heading north to the first of the challenges where we split up for the chicken and rooster lines.  The second chicken & rooster was just a short climb and the third a bit of a challenging track with a few slippery logs to get over. Later on we hit a section of Victoria Range track which was slicker than deer guts on a door knob, a few bikes hit the deck I was told. Later over to Airplane Track and stopped at the top of Mount Klondyke (I think)...for lunch in sunny but cool conditions, perfect. After lunch a few more open tracks back to Marginal Road, around the edge of the forest on Martins Track and then back to the cars just as it was warming up. 77km total so only 2km more than advertised, no breakdowns, no injuries and the ride leader didn't get lost - a miracle. 
Thanks everyone for coming, I really enjoyed putting the ride on, maybe a more difficult one next time?
Cheers, Simon J.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: markjudkins, shercophil, Stuart, Mick King

Toolangi Level 2 - 31/1/21 01 Feb 2021 14:14 #33910

• shercophil
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Thanks for leading a great ride Simon.Toughest level 2 ive done for a long time but i enjoyed it immensely.Also thankyou Matt for tailman duties for the day and Jeff who always seemed to be there when i or anybody else needed a hand.
Last Edit: 01 Feb 2021 16:01 by shercophil. Reason: grammar

Toolangi Level 2 - 31/1/21 01 Feb 2021 15:59 #33912

• simonj
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
Oh yea, good point Phil, thanks to tailman Mat and Jeff, I hear they did a bit of lifting and dragging of bikes to keep everyone moving along... thanks for that...!
Last Edit: 01 Feb 2021 16:00 by simonj.

Toolangi Level 2 - 31/1/21 01 Feb 2021 16:50 #33913

• markjudkins
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Thanks Simon for a great ride and to Matt for tail man duties. Good to be out riding again and looking forward to the next one. Cheers

Toolangi Level 2 - 31/1/21 01 Feb 2021 20:54 #33916

• calvin
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks to Simon, for putting on the ride really enjoyed the latter sections ,thanks to Matt for tailman duties.

Toolangi Level 2 - 31/1/21 01 Feb 2021 21:31 #33917

• Stuart
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Thanks Simon for putting on a great days riding. There was a bit of everything thrown in with mud, hills, tight stuff & open flowing tracks. A few optional tracks which I found challenging but rewarding.. Thanks Mat for keeping us all together..
can’t wait for the next Black Range Ride. 
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds