Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Glenaladale L2 Plus Trail Bike Ride Weekend

Glenaladale L2 Plus Trail Bike Ride Weekend 17 Mar 2020 19:30 #31987

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
 Wow, what an awesome weekend,
FRIDAY:
I arrived Friday morning around 10.15 to find Jason already their and not before long Simon and Paul and Matt arrived. A quick introductions and gear on and of we went, it was warm and dusty we headed out Mt Ray Rd to Howard Tk to Calajero Tk to Davies Knob Tk to Insolvent Tk and down Bullants Tkto Freestone Creek Rd ro Lee Creek Tk, it was love at 1st ride for the 3 newbys to the area, nick named the picknic table track the 1st 10klms is like a roller coaster ride with sharp ups and downs and with about 9 or 10 water crossings varying from 1 meter wide to several meters wide, 40mm deep to 800mm  deep and rocky, we continued up Lee Creek Tk for the climb to Loyd Knob Tk where we turned left and rocked all the way back to Freestone Creek and onto Winkie Creek Tk to Mnt Ray Rd and to Insolvent to Davies Knob and to Calajero and Yellowman, Matt managed to find a puddle that was a sink hole sending him over the bars and causing Simon to crash into his bike tangling both bikes but no real injurys and lots of laughs and stirring and bruised ego, pretty soon we where back at the barn with about 113klms on the speedo. 

SATURDAY:
It rained most of the night so we where looking forward to dust free ride. Everyone was up early and on the bikes at 9 and straight out Yellowman to Boundary to Mt Ray Rd to Howard Tk to Calajero and Davies Knob to Insolvent to Budgee Tk to Reedy and McDonalds to Killean Climb all the way to Lee Creek Tk towards the picnic tables and onto the steep up to Loyd knob and down to Freestone Creek and then along Freestone Creek RD to the picnic tables for lunch. We had lunch and as it was just after 12 we decided to Ride the best of Lee Creek Tk each way, 20klms of pure bliss turned into 40klms for 3 of us as when we got back to the picnic Tables we waited about 20mins for Jason and Matt, as we had passed 5 4wds we got worried and headed back to not find them, they must have headed up tp Loyd Knob again so we headed back to the picnic tables to find them back their. We had a few more laughs and shit stirring and headed off to Bullants and up we went and back to Insolvent and then to Mt Ray and to Howards Tk and down Yellowman and home with about 164klms around 3ish.

SUNDAY:
We where a bit weary with Matt given up so 4 of us headed out at 9am to Yellowmans to Howards to Mt Ray Rd to Winkie Creek Tk to Freestone Creek Rd and up Bullants to Insolvent and to Mt Ray to Howards and down Yellowmans back to the barn at 11am with 64klms on the clock.

I had a awesome weekend and I think after ridding this area for the last 10 years the conditions where the best ever, plenty of sunshine everyday and between 16 and 32 degrees , I lead most of the ride from the back allowing everyone a chance at leading and running at their own pace, the rivers and creek where at the perfect levels the rocks where gripping and not to rough, Saturday night Pizzas rocked as did the comedy show. Thanks for coming along guys and I hope you all had a great weekend, 
1, Will Munro Ride Leader
2. Simon Watts Tailman Friday
3, Jason Owens Tailamn Sunday
4, Paul Alaback Tailman Saturday
5. Pommy Matt 
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence
Last Edit: 17 Mar 2020 19:32 by Willbar.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lefty

Glenaladale L2 Plus Trail Bike Ride Weekend 17 Mar 2020 21:47 #31992

• swatts
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Thanks for organising such a great weekend will. Its a pity you didn't get more takers, as the conditions were perfecr.  The accommodation, fires, and wood fire pizzas really topped  off the weekend.

I hope we can do it again soon.

Glenaladale L2 Plus Trail Bike Ride Weekend 17 Mar 2020 22:19 #31994

• jco1
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
I agree wholeheartedly with Simon‘s comments! Great location, well organised and a top few days of riding with a great bunch of blokes! Thanks Will. Cheers, Jase
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds