Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: ADV Ride Harcourt 23/2/2020

ADV Ride Harcourt 23/2/2020 26 Feb 2020 21:00 #31837

• GlennW
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
7 bikes and riders fronted Harcourt on Sunday, for my first shot at hosting an AMTRA ride in nearly 20 years.
This time it was the turn of the Melbourne guys to get rugged up and hit the bitumen early.
But by start time, the day was warming up nicely, heading for its top temp of 33C.
After coffee, $$toast and introductions, we were off.
We were on the dirt 2km from the start point and only had to suffer minimal sections of bitumen for the day.
By trying to keep the course interesting, I set a rather tortuous route between the 3 mountains in the area, so we did seem to loop around a fair bit, but the countryside was often changing character.
We made it to Maldon right on lunchtime and then blasted up the Historic Hillclimb Course to the lookout on Mt. Tarrengower. 
Ridge Track was the route down off the mount, but we lost two riders there when one of them looked at the descent and decided to come back and try that bit another day.
Country lanes and wiggly bits saw us to Newstead for a drink and a chat.
North again to Green Gully, then east to Yapeen and then south to near Mt. Franklin.  3 riders decided to obey their timeline directives and headed off back home.
This left Ian and Myself to Head north towards home up Porcupine Ridge Rd with its ball bearing gravel, which all but caught me out big time. We wiggled around a bit more and then had a blast up and over Mt. Alexander on the black-top (brilliant section of bike road :) ) and a short run back to Harcourt.

Many thanks to all who attended and especially to Ian for taking on Tailman Duties.

Relive video here:- https://www.relive.cc/view/vDqgJ3Y3mG6

GF "What are your life goals?"
Me "A new bike"
GF "I mean longer term?"
Me "Two new bikes. :-)"
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds