Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Eildon To Stockmans Rewards 25/4/14

Eildon To Stockmans Rewards 25/4/14 27 Apr 2014 21:13 #2090

• Peter R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
First of all:   Lest We Forget.

3 of us Attended, Phil, Greg and Myself.
It was a Nice COLD Morning for a Ride, at ZERO Deg it was a Bit of a Struggle to Get outta Bed, but with Breeky at Eildon Bakery with Phil we Headed of for the 25 Min drive to 15 Mile Rd, 25 Min later we Arrived at the Meeting Spot with Greg not far Behind us, we Geared up and Headed out.
A bit CHILLY on the Old Fingers and My Ears were as Cold as Ice but with a Narrow Trail and a Bit of Sun Shine, all was good. We Headed South looking for New Tracks to put together a Good loop for a Future Ride, there was a Few Tracks that Took us nowhere, but we kept checking the Map for our location and Managed to get to Stockmans without to many wrong Turns.
Not often I have Lunch on the Trail, but with the Kevington Pub Miles away, it was cold Ham n Cheese Toasted Sangers and a Pink Donut.
We chatted about Phils South Africa Adventure and About Greg's Tree Skills " Abbeyard Look out".
After Woofing Down our Lunches, it was Back on the Bikes and onto Frenchmans Creek then North heading in a Homely Direction.
I thought I would take the Boys to have a Look at Leaf Litter Track, but the Last time I was there, I was ripped off my bike by Blackberry Bushes, Nathan can vouch For that!! .   Luck has it, and the Track had been cleared and on the Throttle we went.
I came across a 4 wheeler and the Driver was out looking for his Hunting Dogs which we came across not far from him, we also took another track that took us further into the Gully so we missed Leaf Litter but found a New Track. 

I got a Bit Cocky going up Bull Range Rd and was throwing the 350 around like I stole it, until I had a  Ground Hugging Moment all because a Fallen Tree Limb 6 Inches above the Ground and at 45 Deg to the Track just out of sight around a Right Hander, while going at Warp factor 9, i was on it in a Flash, and next thing i'm looking at the Dirt "hahaha" { Another Sore Leg and a Twisted Thumb} The Bike has a few Scratches on the Front Guard, and the Bark Buster.  "  She be Rite, They'll Buff Out   "

Phil as usual was riding like a 45 Year old in a 73 Year Old Body , but that's fine by me. I hope I'm riding as good as he does when I'm 73.
Greg seemed to keep a good, pace and by his comments he had a Good Day. 
120 K's for the Day.
Riders :
Peter R 
Phil Randal
Greg F

Tracks Noted for Future Reference.

Tracks Taken:
15 Mile Rd
Low Rd
Still Crk Tk
Ridge Rd
15 Mile Rd
Bull Range Rd
Peters Tk
Harrys Tk
Gum Top
Gum Top F/L
Vans Rd
104 Tk
Petroffs Rd
Big River Rd
Old Reefton Logging Rd
Dray Tk
Dugout Rd
Kevins Tk
Mine Tk Dray Tk
Bull Range Rd
15 Mile Rd
Home
Last Edit: 27 Apr 2014 21:34 by Peter R.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds