Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Kinglake Anzac Day.

Kinglake Anzac Day. 25 Apr 2014 20:19 #2032

• nathanstott
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Once again a top ride Seano! There is some great tracks out there, and I think everyone was challenged at one time or another.
it was really slick to start with and I was having problems with sun glare, but once the sun got a little higher in the sky it was game on!
the tracks dried out quickly , and the ride flowed really well until Andrew hurt his knee and decided that riding the DRZ with a Safari tank on, through those tracks wasn't for him.
there wasn't many stops or regroups and that's how I like it, it was just an awesome day all round.
highlight for me was racing Seano along a fast  flowing single, getting past him when he went round a log and I went over it, then 3 or 4 minutes later the track split , I didn't know where to go, I took the wrong track , had to turn around and watched Sean fly by, then I had to try and catch him again, we got to the end with the biggest smiles on our faces, so much fun!! 
The weather was brilliant, and conditions were perfect for riding.
Thanks to all the ANZACS who fought and died for our freedom, so we could enjoy the best of this great country on such a beautiful day.
LEST WE FORGET.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kinglake Anzac Day. 26 Apr 2014 12:26 #2047

• seano
  • Platinum Boarder
  • liv'n the moty life
  • Thank you received: 30
As Nath said ,A very big thankyou to our diggers who fought for our right to freedom in this country and others. LEST WE FORGET

As for the ride , well what can I say, the weather gods were with me again ,it was a cracker of a day weather wise
I sourced out a couple of new tracks to add to the loop and they fitted in well.
As a ride leader you try your best to make a loop that flows without to much transport sections and hope that everyone enjoys the challenges you throw at them . I know I definately enjoyed my day immensely and look forward to the next one 
Thankyou to all the attendee's for helping make this ride a grouse one and a BIG thankyou to Mark for looking after us all from the back , your work was much appreciated.

P.S. Race'n with nathan .I sure when I pulled up at the end of that exquisite little track the corners of my mouth were touching each ear, it really was THAT GOOD
I just wanna ride me moty B)
Last Edit: 26 Apr 2014 12:28 by seano.

Kinglake Anzac Day. 26 Apr 2014 13:02 #2051

• markjudkins
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Thanks to Seano for another great day. There were certainly challenging sections but when help was needed there was always two or three guys ready to lend a hand, whether that be a push, a shove or even to place a band aid on a bleeding nose. Thanks for that Cody.
As Nathan mentioned, Andrew was knocked off by an overhanging branch and twisted his knee. We picked up a couple of young guys who were lost. They joined the ride until we stopped for lunch when they caught up with Seano who gave them directions on how to get back to their car. Later in the afternoon a few guys were experiencing cramps. All in all, a good hard days riding that ran really smoothly through tight, challenging technical trails. Thanks to everyone for a fantastic days ride.    

Kinglake Anzac Day. 26 Apr 2014 17:30 #2054

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
Lest we forget.
Its great that some people do when it comes to the freedoms we enjoy in this country, given to us buy our armed forces that paid the ultimate sacrifice to give us. Its not so great that so many forget or dont respect what has been fought so hard for to give us those freedoms.

Seano.
Totally awesome ride and loop mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to Mark for tail man duties all day.
As Nath said everyone found a challenge at some point during the day. I managed to need four shots at one hill, and made me look like the gun I'm not. Manage to blitz my hill that kicked my butt last time. Even if Seano did his best to keep propping in front of me, in turn in front of Nath. But blasting past him as he propped once again. :)
Didn't touch the dirt all day, even with a few eyes closed moment? My foot did try a remove a tree stump, which has been reminding me with every clutch press in my cruiser. Great bunch of blokes to ride with and the day just flowed effortlessly apart from Andrew and his knee. Other thing I really enjoyed was riding with Cam and his mate Cody. Apart from been a bit slow and in the way through out the day, they got passed me without any real issues.
Cheers Al
Last Edit: 26 Apr 2014 17:31 by Al.

Kinglake Anzac Day. 27 Apr 2014 17:43 #2082

• jco1
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Hear, hear... I agree wholeheartly with all previous responses! LEST WE FORGET!
What a great ride you put on Seano and what a great bunch of blokes to ride with! Thoroughly enjoyed every track, obstacle, logs (big & small), downhill & uphill... albeit one uphill got the better of me - thanks for your assistance Cam and thanks to Mark for sweeping up!

All the best, Jase

PS. Slept like a log Friday night!!!

Kinglake Anzac Day. 28 Apr 2014 21:56 #2128

• B stroke
  • Fresh Boarder
Nice one again Seano. Another awesome day! Kinglake had it all.Roots, rocks, ruts, steep ups and downs, mud, dust, logs, vines, overhanging branches, stumps, clay, you name it, we had to deal with it. Some of us better than others :shock:. I can't help but get a bit more of a clue each month. Top bunch of blokes, great spirit and a ripper day. 
Lest we forget
cheers all
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds