Post your ride reports here
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bob's 50th Birthday Ride

Bob's 50th Birthday Ride 15 Apr 2014 17:44 #1845

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
i can't believe no one has started a report yet!

Anyhoo, Onion and i loaded up the car in what could only be described as atrocious conditions and headed out/down/over/towards Woodside.  Yoda told me that the trip would take 2 and a half hours, so we decided to stop at Trafalgar to get a pizza for dinner.  We found our way to the campsite and wandered over to the fire to say g'day to those that had already arrived.  We had a beer while waiting for the rain to back-off, then put the tent up and got sorted before relaxing with a few more bevvies.

it rained on and off for most of the night, but when we woke it was relatively 'dry'.  the ground around here soaks up the rain fairly quickly, so there weren't many puddles around the camp-site.  We had breaky while a few more punters arrived, then got geared up, had a little speech from Bob and Johnny and then off!  The group started as two with one doing some single track stuff with Johnny, while others did more open trails with Bob.  The single stuff was grouse!  traction from the sandy terrain was awesome, with grip being found everywhere.  We did a couple of quick trails, before meeting up with the rest of the group.  It rained on and off all day and although there were plenty of puddles, you could blast through them, confident that there were no nasty surprises lurking below the surface.

After about 40k's, we got back to the camp-site for lunch and re-fuel.  lunch for Onion and me, was left-over pizza warmed up on the stove, yum!  the rain persisted and I wasn't keen to go back out, but a brief reprise had me changing my mind and a smaller group went back out.  Once again, some went with Johnny and others with Bob.  I went the Bob option this time, opting for some more simple trails although a few of us split towards the end, when Al took us back to camp via some more single stuff.  Once again, grip as everywhere and these tracks were a hoot.

Back at camp, with about 85k's for the day, we settled into some more refreshments and banter around the fire.  the topic of wet feet was prevalent, although I couldn't join in the conversation, thanks to my new Forma Adventure boots, which kept me dry and toasty warm all day!  Before we got too silly, we had dinner and sang Happy Happy to Bob (complete with cake and candles) and then did what you do around the fire for the rest of the evening.

Onion and I stayed over Saturday night as well, but mooched off home after breakfast.  Some went out for another ride while others just stayed around the camp and enjoyed the serenity....so much serenity!  All in all, it was a great day/weekend.  good company, good trails and lousy weather, what more could you ask for!  thanks to Bob for organizing it and Johnny (and Bob) for leading.  and thanks to all the others that lead and tailed throughout the day.  this is certainly an area I'll be going back too!
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bob's 50th Birthday Ride 15 Apr 2014 18:10 #1846

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Do they come in pink? - YES THEY DO!!
  • Thank you received: 20
My reports comin- now that I'm old I've slowed down - not to mention that I haven't had time to scratch my ass- alas I shall be doing report and pics before this week is out :)
Do they come in pink? YES THEY DO!!

Bob's 50th Birthday Ride 16 Apr 2014 21:04 #1865

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
Great fun weekend helping you celebrate your birthday Grasshopper.
Was a miserable drive down on Friday night in the rain, and setting up in the rain was a bit ordinary too!! But as usual the tracks on Saturday and Sunday made up for it. And the company on the trail and around the camp fire was great. The three of us had a ball as always, and a big thanks to Helen and Jeff for keeping an eye on Coops on Saturday. Also to everyone else that made Coop feel like a true member of Amtra. Thanks for the weekend Bob and Johnny and all involved.
Al, Shaz and Coop
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnny d

Bob's 50th Birthday Ride 18 Apr 2014 15:23 #1885

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow!!...What a great weekend, despite the rain.
Johnny rocked up to the camp site about 4pm and got our camp site all set up and a heap of firewood ready to go...by the time  I got there at 7pm..there was a fabulous fire roaring....but I had brought the rain with me, because the moment I stopped the car -it started...Johnny said it hadn't rained the whole time he was there....so for the next couple of hours we had some serious showers...but not really cold so that was a blessing....by about  9.30 I was ready for bed thinking no body else was going to join us for the night and who could blame them - the weather was terrible....next thing I knew there were headlights.....with in half an hour...the bush was jumping....with the arrival of Ted, Al, Shaz and Coop. Jeff, Helen and Ian, Rossi and Carolyn, and Serge and Onion....we had camp sites and tents being built all around us in no time...and the rain had stopped....so it was beverages and chit chat around the fire until almost midnight....so much for my early night :)

Saturday morning was a buzz...with people waking up and others arriving ready for the days ride....even though the rain was promised....and delivered!
We got going after a ride briefing with some of the group following Johnny and others following me, with Rossi as my point man...the tracks were perfect...grippy and fast flowing...and some awesome puddles....
We got to the first re group and the heavens opened...so it was a Helmets stayed on re group....everyone was happy to get going again   so we didn't spend too much time chatting .Off we went in  2 groups again with Johnnys guys first..then  my group....we headed down Feral Track...always fun in the rain.... we kept going until my new S/T that I just discovered recently....god I love it....just as we were about to turn in there the rain stopped and out came the sun....perfect!!!....it  was along here that Johnnys group caught up with us and Johnny took over as leader.....apparently there were a few spills on that last little bit coming out of there due to the tree root on the uphill...:D....wish I could have seen that!!!!

We hit some more fun tracks including...Emu Track, Greenhouse Track, Drag Strip, Zebs Track (I got air)....all the way back to camp for lunch.

Back at camp looking after everything were Carolyn, Helen, Coop, Jeff (forgot my keys) Davey and a wonderful surprise that Billy had got there during our morning loop...and he was keen to join us for the afternoon.

Lunch was had....and Birthday complete with candles and Sing Song...Thanks Marls and Shaz....the quickest retreat after singing happy birthday to me...to under the big tarp Johnny had set up...because, man, did the rain come down again...and this time it meant business...and it wasn't going anywhere in a hurry...so we said goodbye to a few who decided the rain had won...cant blame them really...and Campbell had already made his way back to camp part way  through the morning loop and got himself dry...so he wasn't going to get wet again...(the girls blouse lol...well done Emma for seeing the morning loop through :)
)

After an hour or of procrastinating....as the rain was really quite persistent....there were still quite a few of us trying to decide if we would ride or not...so Johnny decided to get going and he led a group of about 8 or so who were keen to get back out there....while the  rest of us stayed back to see if the rain would let up....finally it did.....so on with the gear and off we went....Billy was all but ready to go home thinking he wasn't going to get a ride....so im glad he stuck around that little bit longer- yay Billy :)
...The afternoon wasn't my usual loop as the weather was still very dodgy and thought best to stay close to base....in case we had to make a dash back...but my new afternoon piece I took them on was lots of fun...including another blast down Zebs Track...a favourite with most...and a new experience for Serge and Onion who seemed to really enjoy it....so a blast back down Zebs back to the Damn Wall....Marls and I headed back to the cars...but Al took over the lead  from me and took the guys over the damn wall for an interesting fun way back.

Everyone back to base...safe and sound albeit....soaked!!...Except for Serges feet :) :shock:...Who cares, we had a blast...so the fire was roaring and we had boots and gloves lined up to dry...by about 5pm...the rain stopped...and it stayed stopped...YAY!!!!

The evening was full of chit chat...dinner refreshments...cup cakes galore....and more birthday cake...and a perfect evening out under the stars with about 15 of us just having a great time and  lots of laughs...

Sunday  morning was breaky and just a few of us going out for a little blast while others stayed behind and enjoyed the lovely morning with a much clearer sky...
And Jeffs bike.....still on the trailer and the only one not covered in remnants of the day before...;)..mmmmm!!

After a couple of hours of more playing and some of us not getting very much further than about a couple of hundred metres...Theres a story there, courtesy of Fred Marls and Rossi...love those guys....the last of us packed up camp to head home....play time was finished :sick:

But what a fantastic time I had...My 50th was perfect!!

Huge thanks to all who brought me pressies...so sweet of you, and to Shaz, Marls, Coop and Carolyn for all the cakes - you girls and little guy spoilt me.

Major thanks and big thumbs up to Helen, Carolyn, Coop, Jeff, for looking after the camp site and making sure our fire was roarin when we got back....even in the crappiest weather conditions...you just stuck in there...you guys rock.....Jeff (no keys) (had no choice!!....:shock: ....OOps did I say that out loud!!

A HUGE SHOUT OUT TO ALL OF YOU FOR COMING ALONG TO SUPPORT YET ANOTHER BOB RIDE...AND CELEBRATE ME TURNING 50......THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

Rossi....For being my point man.

Freddo ...For going tail.

Marls, Shaz and Emma....for the chick factor :)

Gary Clarke...Johnnys Tail.

Johnny.....as ususal my fantastic husband who helps me put it all together.:)
 Couldn't do it without ya xx

And to all those who travelled a long way to come and give me a birthday that was excellent....your all the best

Luv to you all......Bob xx

Bob's 50th Birthday Ride 18 Apr 2014 15:27 #1886

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
ride briefing...
Attachments:
Last Edit: 20 Apr 2014 16:34 by sandra bob. Reason: add pics

Bob's 50th Birthday Ride 18 Apr 2014 15:29 #1887

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
breifing
Attachments:
Last Edit: 18 Apr 2014 17:58 by Mat R.

Bob's 50th Birthday Ride 18 Apr 2014 15:37 #1890

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
whats going on here Campbell???
Attachments:

Bob's 50th Birthday Ride 18 Apr 2014 16:49 #1892

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
hey Bob, any chance you could put those pics in the right way? My neck's gettin' sore!

Bob's 50th Birthday Ride 18 Apr 2014 17:07 #1893

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
Don't know how to serge - it just happens like that :(... Still got more to post - so get a massage until then :)

Bob's 50th Birthday Ride 18 Apr 2014 17:22 #1894

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
sandra bob wrote:
Don't know how to serge - it just happens like that :(... Still got more to post - so get a massage until then :)

Are they the right way up on you PC, then appearing wrong when you attach them?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds