Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: HCR 2014

HCR 2014 29 Apr 2014 11:01 #2137

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
OK so we have 3 sections for HCR stuff.

I put mine in "Put all your reports n stuff here" don't know why really.

Any way, it's not gone to cyber heaven so it's all good.

Check it out Serge, your one of the stars.
It's just more time to be flat out!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ken Robinson HCR 2014 report 29 Apr 2014 12:12 #2139

• Ron H
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Where to start? Yep, at the beginning.

I got to the yard Wed arvo on a dry road and had the thrill of un-locking the gate. "Don't take a flat spot with your van" I was told, so after a look around I parked where you saw it. Had to dig holes for the uphill wheels and had 3 blocks under the down hill wheels to get it good enough for me and the fridge.

I was a little apprehensive about taking the van, but it made me feel more comfortable as other vans arrived. The first 2 came in late on Wed arvo so I got the shed open and the showers running, they were happy. (I think the last van to arrive was on Thursday arvo , It was Ross' Jayco outback which made mine look a little, well, little.)

Thursday morning with some rain and meeting and greeting the punters who needed a bit of help with real estate selection. After lunch it was still nice and quiet so got the book out for a read and on queue the boys arrive, just like being home I thought.

From here on it was go, go, go for fun and work. Marques and car ports up, new lights going in, dim sims and hot dogs on the gas, food van arrives and the first bikes are presented to Wiggy & co. for a track worthy, and Mat starts issuing numbers for the bikes.

Friday it was off to Harrietville to pump some gas. Got the bunting and chairs set up with Serge and Pauly and purchased the last 2 buckets and last sponge in the store to clean the numbers on the bikes. Before the first bikes arrived a lady from the school lunch stop came up to ask how the riders were going to know where to go, Hmm how about you take 10 metres of this Suzuki bunting and hang it on the gate - lovely she sez. How would you like your lunches bought up to you later? lovely we sez. Ain't life grand in the bush. Over 200 bikes to fill was steady work for 3 hours plus and i got to hate those new fangled filter frangas hanging form the tank filler, they really slowed down the delivery. I discovered that drinking a coffee while sniffing petrol fumes was not enjoyable at all, and that the morning float was not big enough, thats money not carbie. When Dazza Mr money bag ran out of change we just rounded up, the majority of punters were fine with that and the little bonus to the store keepers was greatly appreciated.

I got a surprise when Rossi turned up for fuel the second time, what the? He chased down some punters, who had missed the turn off, all the way to Bright where they luckily stopped, so thought it best to fill up again. Some extra bunting was sent down to better mark the turn.

Saturday night was good except I didn't win the little Suzuki, congrats to Nathan.

Sunday it was off to check point 3 with Dazza and Michael N. Dazza was on his first bit of real 4WDing and it was good to see him adapting and enjoying the climb up and down Schults track. We set the check point up with a warning strip of bunting before the funnel. The first 2 guys only just stopped in time so the "slow down" warning was increased with a  bollard another 20 metres up the track, that worked. It was nice to get Telstra 3G phone reception and have a chat to the missus, yes we were working flat out.

Sunday wind down was great and it was good to see the injury numbers were right down and the red wine drinking rate was right up, obviously not connected at all.

Thanks everybody for a great weekend and well done to Andrew, Tim and Dave for getting the job done.   
Trust Me - Trail Riding Since 1968

Ken Robinson HCR 2014 report 29 Apr 2014 12:17 #2140

• Ron H
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Ken if you copy and paste it into a new post then it will appear under your name  and then an administrator can delete my post easy fixed ;)

Ken Robinson HCR 2014 report 29 Apr 2014 12:28 #2142

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Thanks Ron, they can delete this Too which will make it Two to delete.
It's just more time to be flat out!
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds