Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: HCR 2014

HCR 2014 07 Apr 2014 21:04 #1725

• Dirtpilot
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 36
I had fun.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

HCR 2014 07 Apr 2014 22:28 #1736

• Paul Dwyer
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
After all the anticipation to  this years HCR the  weather man put some awesome weather & riding conditions for all  ( thank you a ride with no dust whooooooo )
As the conditions where perfect the the grins where from ear to ear. As this was my first year as volunteer it was just as good as other years with Saturday being the most fun bar a few brake downs mainly my bike  with a  flat to start then a seat coming off  then next a hand gaurd.
next it was Jeff's turn with a flat then Shane's going blackberry picking  6 m down the side of the track. 
As  there was 6 of us sweeping & dearrowing it all flowed great after or few set backs with all working together as a team. 
 Then there was sun on sweep again it started with a rider going the wrong way out the gate chased him down then started the ride  just wasn't with it  stick in the front spokes on mini bike track holted me up quick  then got stuck in  a bog hole  that was like glue  then at the next  corner  there was only one other of my sweep team  there  others no where to be seen waited till next sweep crew came through  &  they  didn't see them so then there was 2 off us. Next my seat came of again  then  the sweep team was no longer as we never found each other on corners or the trail. 
Over all what a great weekend  thanks to all  for your organization of the event top work :up: 

HCR 2014 07 Apr 2014 22:32 #1737

• Zeb Colic
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Dirtpilot wrote:
I had fun.

onya pat perfect report as usual . 

HCR 2014 08 Apr 2014 11:06 #1744

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Far too much detail Pat, blah, blah, blah ;):D 
It's just more time to be flat out!

HCR 2014 08 Apr 2014 15:42 #1750

• craig525
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
:D :D :D        :D  :D  
current ride 2012 ktm300exc gone but not forgotten heaps of orange
Last Edit: 08 Apr 2014 15:43 by craig525.

HCR 2014 08 Apr 2014 20:20 #1752

• Jeff Davey
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Yeah great weekend,great ride ,great company. I do enjoy riding with my son Shane but i enjoy it more when i have photo evidence of him making a mess of it . So with out further ado here are the photos of  him taking a trip into the blackberries.
Attachments:
He who dies with the most TOYS wins
Last Edit: 08 Apr 2014 20:24 by Jeff Davey.

HCR 2014 08 Apr 2014 21:43 #1755

• Tony Hindson
  • Fresh Boarder
HCR 2014 for me was the second time back on a bike after a 15 year break. Did i bite  of more that I could chew, you bet yah!! but I chewed like crazy to try and finish the ride.
I missed the lunch and refuel stop in Harrietville due to some prick moving arrows and made it to the third? check point. One of the Amtra crew had 2 x 600 ml empty coke bottles filled with fuel that he gave me :up:  That got me to the last check point.
The Amtra crew at the last check point were amazing. They could see that I was absolutely depleted having missed lunch and started offering me their own supplies (soft drink and food) to try and get my energy levels back up. :up:  Unfortunately I was that depleted that I couldn't finish the ride and rode back to camp.

For me, i certainly left the weekend with a lot more knowledge than what I started out with and that was due to the level of support provided by the Volunteers of Amtra.

Great event - Great Club.

:up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up:
Liv'n the dream...

HCR 2014 08 Apr 2014 21:53 #1756

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
Good on you for giving it a whirl, Tony.

Pity it didn't play out for you, but glad to hear the AMTRA boys looked after you.
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

HCR 2014 08 Apr 2014 22:03 #1757

• Wiggy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Jeff Davey wrote:
Yeah great weekend,great ride ,great company. I do enjoy riding with my son Shane but i enjoy it more when i have photo evidence of him making a mess of it . So with out further ado here are the photos of  him taking a trip into the blackberries.

Jeff,
Remember all the trampled blackberries at the bottom of the gully ?
I can confirm that the gully had a previous occupant on the ride. I saw a vid on DBW of a bloke overshooting the same corner in front of a rider with a helcam !
Last Edit: 08 Apr 2014 22:03 by Wiggy.

HCR 2014 08 Apr 2014 22:11 #1759

• Timmers
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2019 HCR Coordinator
  • Thank you received: 48
Jeff Davey wrote:

I was told by three people i probably should of put a caution sign there, i don't remember where is was but, so i do apologize for anyone who took a dive.
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds