Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Seano's KINGLAKE Masterpiece

Seano's KINGLAKE Masterpiece 23 Mar 2014 07:22 #1414

• seano
  • Platinum Boarder
  • liv'n the moty life
  • Thank you received: 30
Well what can I say , Mother nature put on  perfect weather for us yet again   :D
I started the day with 10 victem's and we did my usual warm up tracks , all good apart from the morning sun in ya eyes but that soon rose a little higher and didn't heat us up too much.
With a steady flow going we stared to hit the smaller type tracks of the area , Amtra's very own Mr #1 loose canon had a big  smile on his dial
so I new I was doing a good job.

During the week I was perusing the google maps satellite photos of the area and noticed a few more tracks that would link in very well with my loop , only thing is the maps don't show how steep they are. I went down the first of my new additions , Ok this is good , now for the next one , Very very steep up and full of fine deep slippery dust , so when I misjudged my line and the front wheel was pointing to the sky I though it migh be time to let the 390 go solo. With replies of what ya doin down there , Hey you cant lead from there and thanks for the traction Seano, I dusted off with red face and hightailed it to the top.

With a quick head count I found we were 1 missing , lucky for Clarky there's a way around this hill.
With a few more of kinglake's best it was time to have lunch , after lunch Pedro departed so we were now 9.A couple of small tracks found us at Al,s hill , I got up the first half with a stop here and there to reposition my arse back on the seat instead of the rear mudguard. But the 2nd half of this nasty bastard brought me unstuck real quick , twice I found myself  picking up the 390.By the time I got to the top and we waited for the rest to get up , some had already gone on to the end of the track . I found myself in the middle of the pack and quickly worked out what all the who har was, about the dust .

With all 9 of us now gathered , I normally go left but decided to see where right may take us , nice track but not used in a long time , we hit a hill covered in fallen tree,s , A few made it up But it was hard yakka and by this stage of the day I just plain couldn't be bothered wasting any more energy so I called it and we turned back.

(Anyone interested in a 4wd / chainsaw day to clear the hill as I think this would be a good track to add to this ride)

At this stage Nath had to Bail , so now we were 8 , I finished off the day with my return tracks down the right side  , which got us all back at the cars by 3:30 and 99.3 ks on the clock .

A BIG BIG thankyou to the Pillar of strength at the back, lookin after us, all day .Well done Lefty you are a legend mate.

Another Big thankyou to all the participants on the day ,I enjoyed your company and I hope you all enjoyed my Kinglake ride.

Ta Seano
I just wanna ride me moty B)
Last Edit: 23 Mar 2014 18:33 by seano.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Seano's KINGLAKE Masterpiece 23 Mar 2014 17:14 #1418

• lefty
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
First of all, what the hell are you doing up at 7.22am on a Sunday morning ??? Yeah, another great day with the King of Kinglake out front leading the charge. Loved the cool morning and coolish afternoon. Its a credit to you putting in so much time with this ride Seano, not a lot of down time which allowed the ride to flow well. Great bunch of blokes and great to see a couple of brothers out loving their riding, well done Chris and Matt.
Put me down for the next one pls.

Seano's KINGLAKE Masterpiece 23 Mar 2014 18:19 #1419

• Peter R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
MATE what a Ride, I haven't had a Ride at Kinglake for about 20 Years, I can remember some of the tracks but this was Heaven on a Stick.

I used to Ride there every Wekend and loved it.

You put on a A1  Ride and I was stoked with the amount of Narrow Tracks that you knew.

As someone who has put on a Ride or 100, I would easily put this Ride in the Calendar as a Experienced ride , and all who attended were well up there with Riding Skills.

some People say there ride is a Clubman and it Really is a L2,  you Called your ride a Clubman and it Really was an Experienced Ride for Sure.

For someone who joined the Club and could hardly Ride, sure has gone a long way with there Riding Skills, to become a skilled Rider and Ride Leader, hold your head High Seano " Your the Kinglake King "

PS:  It was good to pass you on that Nasty Bastard Hill, while you were off your bike, holding it up thinking"  Vuck everyone is Passing Me "

10/10  

I'm off for an Xray in the Morning " Somethings not good in my Leg "
Last Edit: 23 Mar 2014 21:33 by Peter R.

Seano's KINGLAKE Masterpiece 24 Mar 2014 13:19 #1431

• nathanstott
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Top ride Seano! Thanks for putting it on.  :up:

Seano's KINGLAKE Masterpiece 01 Apr 2014 09:57 #1638

• B stroke
  • Fresh Boarder
Seano, another awesome ride! A belated big thank you for the planning and time you put in to this ride. It's a great challenge and a huge buzz..
nick
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds