Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Golden Beach 6hr pony express

Golden Beach 6hr pony express 02 Aug 2014 13:23 #3983

• Jeff Davey
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Several AMTRA members are racing this event this weekend.
Good luck to all.
If you have a free day Sunday come down for a look and cheer on the guys, the weather is lookind good.
Look for signs off the Lock Sport road
Racing starts 9.00 am
He who dies with the most TOYS wins
Last Edit: 02 Aug 2014 13:24 by Jeff Davey.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Golden Beach 6hr pony express 02 Aug 2014 16:25 #3985

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
Good luck fellas, have fun.

Don't bring back any of them sissy silver medals.........go for GOLD, or go home!
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

Golden Beach 6hr pony express 02 Aug 2014 17:10 #3988

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Do they come in pink? - YES THEY DO!!
  • Thank you received: 20
Me and Johnny d are a %99 attendance.....seeing as were only up the road......should be a great day :)
Do they come in pink? YES THEY DO!!

Golden Beach 6hr pony express 02 Aug 2014 20:47 #3994

• Timmers
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2019 HCR Coordinator
  • Thank you received: 48
Everyone made it through sign in and scrutineering today. We set up our pit tents and went out for the sighting lap. 19kms of unreal sand! There were whoops, single trail ranging from 1 foot wide to the more open up to 5 foot wide and berms that are 2 foot high! 
We checked into our apartments and went out for tea.
Looking forward to tommorow! Will be great to see those coming!

Golden Beach 6hr pony express 03 Aug 2014 05:36 #3995

• seano
  • Platinum Boarder
  • liv'n the moty life
  • Thank you received: 30
Here we go , the day begins 
sand, sand sand
shallow sand
semi deep sand
really deep sand
lets see if I can get lap lap down without the bars hitting the ground
I just wanna ride me moty B)

Golden Beach 6hr pony express 03 Aug 2014 09:10 #3997

• Paul Dwyer
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Whos runing steering dampners down there ? WIth all that sand.
Crack that can of WOOP ASS & do us all proud , & ride it like you stole it.
Good luck.

Golden Beach 6hr pony express 03 Aug 2014 16:51 #4006

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Do they come in pink? - YES THEY DO!!
  • Thank you received: 20
What a great day to go and watch....Johnny and I headed off at 7.20am....in minus 2 frosty but sunny conditions...and were at the race in time to watch the start....well over 100 riders and we were there  to cheer on our buddies...Al, Seano, Timmers and Ian.
We moved around a bit to see the guys at different points and got a few shots....see below...
Highlight of our day...Seano attempting to give us a wave as he went flying by in probably the Medium Sand...very loamy....so as his left hand went to come up to wave....he realised very quickly, this was not going to work as he wibble wobbled and decided that waving was not an option......damn funny to watch as we cheered him past with Johnny yelling out...."hang onto it mate".....Mowhawk an' all....funny as hell.

Hats off to all of you for going out there and giving it a crack.....you done good :)
Do they come in pink? YES THEY DO!!
Last Edit: 03 Aug 2014 17:32 by sandra bob. Reason: Add pic

Golden Beach 6hr pony express 03 Aug 2014 19:38 #4011

• Jeff Davey
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Big congrats to all for a very tough day at the office  :)

He who dies with the most TOYS wins

Golden Beach 6hr pony express 03 Aug 2014 20:12 #4013

• seano
  • Platinum Boarder
  • liv'n the moty life
  • Thank you received: 30
Jeff,Helen,Shane,Bob and johnny ,Thank you so much for your support today . I t really does make a big difference having someone on the track that you know cheering you on ,Thanks big time guys :D

And to Tammy, Shaz ,Kai,Nayt and Cooper  a really big hug all round for supporting me andAl  all weekend , we love you guys  ;)

And last but definately not least  my Amtra family members AL,Timmers and Ian, thanks guys for a great weekend racing , muchly appreciated     :up:
I just wanna ride me moty B)
Last Edit: 03 Aug 2014 20:12 by seano.

Golden Beach 6hr pony express 04 Aug 2014 09:57 #4020

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
Well, what a weekend!!!
Great time, from the very start till the very end with our Amtra family. Support all the way with everyone pitching in to help each other to make the weekend work.
As Seano said, thanks heaps for those who came down to watch. The lift you get from friends giving you a cheer and encouragement as you battle your way through is a huge help, especially out on a long and demanding track like this that never seems to end. With the only real reference points the rut or tree you seem to manage to hit every frikn lap.

After Saturday's book in and then sighting lap, I soon remembered what it was I had hated about attempting the Transmoto 12hr a couple years ago. This racin game isn’t my thing, but  challenging myself is. At dinner Saturday night Seano and I tossed the coin to see who would do the le mans style start. I lost the toss, so it would be me. A good feed and company and back to our accom for some shut
eye.

Sunday morning we all headed to the track and set up the last of our supplies and gear and prepared our selves. Whilst walking back to the cars to get our bikes, Seano asked if I would prefer he started, knowing how much I hate big groups and the argy bargy that was going to go with the start. Very big thanks mate!!!

We got the boys to the start line where Ian and I held the bikes for Seano and Timmers to run across the track at the starter’s gun. Timmers flew, Seano paced himself and they were off. Back to the pits for Ian and myself to gear up and get Iansbike started. As we kept an eye on the hill to be ready for the boys when they came in. Timmers in first and wrist band change and Ian was off. 5minutes later Seano and my turn. 3 corners in and my first over shoot into the bushes. Back on the bike and trying to get back up to speed to get on top of the sand, I
started with the "I dont wantto do this stuff".  However 3 more corners and I see Bob and Johnny cheering me on, motivation found and time to get up on the pegs and start attacking the sand like you should. (Big help guys) Got into my groove and was flowing well, out around the speed way style dame,  knowing I had finally made it about half way. However I soon found myself eating sand, in a very deep section of white sand after punching through the berm with the front wheel. Instant "are you alright mate?", from a couple of
the top riders. Made it feel like even though they had a race to run and I shouldn't really be here, that people were keeping an eye out and knowing your doing your best. (Nothing like the Transmoto, where hip and shoulders were the order of
the day!!)
Once up and finally started again, looking like an epileptic rag doll hanging on for the ride until I manage to get back up to speed. I began to slip back into a bad habit of trying to ride out of everyone’s way, rather than my line. The voice of my very good mate Nath started ringing in my ears. YOUVE GOT AS MUCH RIGHT TO BE OUT THERE AS ANYONE ELSE,  LET THEM F$%KING SORT IT OUT!!!. With that, I fired up and just attacked and attacked until I was having fun like a Johnny D ride. And it wast long before it started to pay off, as I started catching and passing people (yes me passing people) a real confidence boost and in no time I was in the very last section of the
loop. This section was deep orange sand, as I hit the last left hand turn and right in front of the photographer.  The track diapered in the bottom of the turn. I couldn't work out where my front wheel had gone, but the back of my helmet certainly knew where the rear guard was. The crack in between my collar bone and man boob area  drowned out all other noise. But the words from an official, got me straight back on the bike to walk though the timing shed and blast around to the pits to hand over to Seano. Where I was greeted by awesome lap
time Al from all in the pits. Turns out I was only about 5 minutes slower than Timmers who was only 3 minutes of the pro's for that lap, very stoked with that. I dont know how Seano was feeling as it was band on and do your best. I wanted to pull the pin after each lap, but I sure as shit wasn't going to let Seano down!!! This continued for 4 laps for me and two more offs. And at 2:45pm Seano headed out for his 5th lap. I didn’t want to get out of my gear, as I'd made up my mind I would push out another lap if Seano rolled in time. Jeff finally convinced me it wasn't going to happen and I wanted to cheer the boy’s home and congratulate them.

As usual all of our Amtra family helped out with the packing up and carrying stuff back to the cars and we headed home.
Thanks to everyone involved in the weekend. And for thetext msg's on the way home from more Amtra family who weren't there to see how
we went.
Al  
Last Edit: 04 Aug 2014 18:06 by Al.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds