Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: HTFU-4 August 23rd

HTFU-4 August 23rd 20 Jul 2014 21:33 #3696

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Ok with the ride registration closing within the next few days 26/7/14 in fact them on the list need to confirm there attendance and tell me what size shirt I should order for them and deposit the $30 deposit in my account so pull your fingers out and let me know please. There is still plenty of room for anyone who fits the ride criterior who wish to attend.

Saturday 23 August 2014, 08:30am - 05:00pm

Its been a while since I put on a HTFU ride {Harden the Fuck up}. I know some of us have got a little soft of late and need some firming up.

For the un educated to get the most out of a HTFU ride you need to have a certain amount of unfitness about you and perhaps lack experienced riding skills and is generally suited to the older and unfit members up to clubman level. We generally run it in the middle of winter when it is cold and wet and slippery and from the get go first thing in the morning to last thing in the day we try to only do overgrown well worn trails with ruts and roots and clay and rocks, hills up and down, puddles and bog holes, and only generally 3 breaks along the way with one being lunch on the trails and around 120 to 140klm.

At the end of the day we head of to a pub for dinner to celebrate and shit stir the hell out of each other. You also get a T shirt to help you remember the next day why your body aches so much. At this stage it would be run on a saturday on august and by the time you pay for your T Shirt and dinner at the pub you will spend around $70 plus your fuel and bike maintenance etc. Location will be around Neerim Sth so around 2 hrs from city. For this ride to go ahead I need more than 10 riders to commit and pay a $30 non refundable deposit. Part of the requirement to be able to attend the ride is celebrating after at the pub. So lets start the list

Ok time to set the date since we have some interest, the ride will be held on Saturday the 23rd of August 2014, however entry's will close on the 26th of July 2014 to allow for printing of the shirts and booking the pub for dinner so your $30 deposit needs to be paid before then and your shirt size needs posting here before the closing date.

We will meet at the DSE unloading area 23/8/14 at 8.30am for a 9am on the bikes, lunch on the trail, fuel for 140klm and ride till 5 then of to the pub for dinner for 6pm and out owe there by 8pm an on your way home totally buggered.

To come on this ride you must be a paid up member of personally invitted by Me. If I dont know you then you need to come on one of my planning rides so I can determine your ability before accepting your attendence to the ride.

I plan on doing some things differently leading up to the ride, there will be regular training rides put on so we can pre ride different stages to clear tracks and to work out as tough a loop as we can, so anyone is welcome to tag along to see if the ride may suit them, so a bit of a test drive or try before you buy, so check out the calendar for updates .

1, Will XXXL Paid

2, Gary C Large paid

3. Pommy Mat XXXL paid

4, Darren Lynch XXXL Paid

5, Mick Miles Large Paid

6. Redron XXXL

7. James S XL Paid

8. Menace XXXL paid

9. Mat R  L paid Cash

10. Kris not paid sorry cannot attend.
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence
Last Edit: 05 Aug 2014 21:26 by Willbar.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

HTFU-4 August 23rd 21 Jul 2014 11:57 #3709

• markjudkins
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Will I'm sorry but unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make this ride. I've been rostered on call and also have to participate in DR testing over this weekend.

HTFU-4 August 23rd 21 Jul 2014 18:27 #3720

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
markjudkins wrote:
Will I'm sorry but unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make this ride. I've been rostered on call and also have to participate in DR testing over this weekend.
Thats a shame Mark your presence shall be missed.
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence

HTFU-4 August 23rd 22 Jul 2014 18:09 #3740

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
You shall be surley be missed also Mr Lefty, have a nice trip mate.

HTFU-4 August 23rd 22 Jul 2014 19:53 #3744

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
So Mr Lefty - where ya goin??
It's just more time to be flat out!

HTFU-4 August 23rd 22 Jul 2014 20:55 #3747

• lefty
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 52
10 nights tannin my cheeks in sunny Bali Ken. Flying out on the 23rd. No kids either !!!

HTFU-4 August 23rd 23 Jul 2014 15:58 #3756

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
I don't know who you been talking to about Bali Lefty, but it's the same as here mate, the sun is out in the day ;)

Of course it could be the cheeks that usually don't see the sun, in which case stay with the plan for night sunning :shock:

Either way Lefty have a Bali Ball :D:D
It's just more time to be flat out!
Last Edit: 23 Jul 2014 16:01 by Ken R.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lefty

HTFU-4 August 23rd 23 Jul 2014 16:34 #3757

• Mat R
  • Administrator
  • AMTRA Treasurer
  • Thank you received: 94
Will, I am confirming for the HTFU ride.
The older I get, the slower I was.

HTFU-4 August 23rd 24 Jul 2014 09:42 #3759

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
Mat R wrote:
Will, I am confirming for the HTFU ride.
thanks Mat. What size shirt do u need ?

HTFU-4 August 23rd 24 Jul 2014 09:55 #3760

• Mat R
  • Administrator
  • AMTRA Treasurer
  • Thank you received: 94
Large.
The older I get, the slower I was.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds