Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: WEBSITE

WEBSITE 12 Jul 2014 10:23 #3583

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Gidday all, as I talk to members, I am getting negative comments from a few of them, regarding how difficult the website is to use, now first of all, let me start by saying that I do not have a problem with the website,  sometimes my phone has issues with downloading all the headers, but I put that down to my phone, as I have not had any problems on my lap top or desk top.

My concern here is members are not getting online for what ever silly reason, and Im wondering if we need to make contact with all our current and past members and invite them to a information day and do some training so to speak, on how to get around the site the most simplest way.
Yes I know Serge and others have kindly done this before, but sometimes some people need more than 1 lesson in things, look at me Im still trying to learn to ride a dirt bike :) , but I am just concerned that some are straying away and using the site as an excuse.

Im sure with some basic hands on training, everyone can learn how to do it, and possibly re embrace AMTRA and its great forum, or perhaps they are just having a browser issue, and we need to just advise them on what internet browser they should use .

I also know that some people do not adapt to change very well, but perhaps we have a duty of care to our members to insure they have had instruction on the use of our new site.

These are just my thoughts and of coarse I am happy to help out with this, I have some spare computers I can bring along, I have some basic know how of the site, so I am more than happy to help where ever I can, and I am happy to openly discuss this issue, "maturely of coarse" and please keep any comments to the topic and perhaps keep them to a positive tone for the benefit of all concerned.
I look forward to a positive outcome to this small issue, so then we can shut these winging bastards up once and for all, and get them out riding again. ;)

Look all jokes aside, how about we consider doing something positive to help, bearing in mind that the ones that seam to be affected by this, will probably not be online, so we will need to seek them out, either via email, text or direct contact.
We will have to refer this to the new  committee, as it is a bit late for the current one to take any action, but at least we can start dialogue on the subject now.  Willbar.

It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence
The administrator has disabled public write access.

WEBSITE 12 Jul 2014 20:00 #3586

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Now come on Willbur - "Maturely of Coarse" is leaving it open to degenerate into another slanging match, surely you meant "Maturely of Course" :)

As an early struggling "Old Fart" my "Ray of sunshine" - "The light at the end of the tunnel" - "The dropping of thee penny" - the "Why the FCUK didn't they tell me that earlier" (Thanks again Ron) was -

Log on, then select "Recent Topics" - only look at the ones with little green numbers in brackets, these are the topics with posts you have not seen - work your way thru and note or comment as desired.

The topics without the little green numbers are ones you have looked at before but are still able to be looked at if you wish.

The above is my simple way of accessing the site.

Other functions I use are -

Select "New Topic" as required.

Select "Calendar" as required.

The above will get them all they require to keep in touch and riding.

If further help is required then bringing PC's to a club meet could be a good thing or maybe a home visit to sort out any "local" issues.
It's just more time to be flat out!
Last Edit: 12 Jul 2014 20:13 by Ken R.

WEBSITE 24 Jul 2014 10:04 #3761

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
A bit more info - 

Private Messages information is relayed via a small Orange coloured note at the top right hand side of every page just below the "Sign Out" tab,  and could read "Private Messages 2" which would indicate you have 2 un-read private messages - just click on to view. If you have no un-read private messages it will just read "Private Messages"
It's just more time to be flat out!
Last Edit: 24 Jul 2014 10:12 by Ken R.

WEBSITE 24 Jul 2014 12:56 #3764

• Mat R
  • Administrator
  • AMTRA Treasurer
  • Thank you received: 94
Thanks Will
Willbar wrote:
as I talk to members, I am getting negative comments from a few of them, regarding how difficult the website is to use

For this it would be helpful to know what bits these members are having problems with.
Willbar wrote:
invite them to a information day and do some training so to speak

For this a place and time is needed that the "who" are able to get to.Only around 15% of members get to the meetings. We can mail the others a place and time but that is no guarantee that anyone shows up. Maybe a mailed out guide to using the web site would work as well.
Willbar wrote:
discuss this issue, "maturely of course" and please keep any comments to the topic and perhaps keep them to a positive tone for the benefit of all concerned.

A new age for AMTRA then? JOKING .

The committee can only act on what it knows. So if anyone hears from another member about website use issues please pass them on. We won't shoot the messenger, too many times. :-P

There is a list of website actions to take, but it will take time (and some money) to work through them.
The older I get, the slower I was.
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds