Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Covid Dining Out

Covid Dining Out 30 Aug 2020 09:51 #32960

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Home alone is a real pain, and I miss dining out with Helen heaps, what to do?

So I have been grabbing the baking tray out of the stove, lining it with paper towel and heading for my fav take aways in Somerville.

They know the drill now, no hand touching, just out of the heater or cooker and onto the paper with selected drink.

Back in the car the seat gets pushed right back and the baking tray goes on the TV tray.

Sanitise hands and eating impliments as required, bit of light music and tuck in while observing the world passing by.

The passing by world is looking different though. With masks on you really do see the eyes and I am pleased that the silly big eye lashes have fallen off most of the ladies. The other thing I am seeing is the silly big nail extensions are falling off as well.

As the ladies walk away one thing I worry about is the Kardashian rear ends that are getting bigger, ah well it's something to talk to myself about.

How are the rest of you coping?
It's just more time to be flat out!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Covid Dining Out 30 Aug 2020 10:35 #32961

• Chappa
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
I don’t think it’s the rear ends getting bigger I think it’s the pants getting smaller 

Covid Dining Out 30 Aug 2020 10:41 #32962

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
Not coping with being unable to see (and dine) with my kids, but doing a lot of Zoom dinners.

We're supposed to be in Turkey right now, we should have left last Friday,  so we had a Zoom meeting with our travelling partners. We cooked the same meal (Turkish) and ate together,  changing the background images on our screens to reflect places we were supposed to visit.

It was fun, but I'm craving the real thing.
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

Covid Dining Out 30 Aug 2020 11:39 #32963

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Our local pubs are delivering to our homes, so each week we are having a pub meal and supporting the local businesses. The takeaway places are still open too, so fish & chips or pizza whilst in the car is also on the agenda regularly.

We were supposed to have been holidaying in Vanuatu, so my wife put photos of a 'virtual' holiday on facebook, with the daily updates showing what we had 'hoped' to be doing on that day. Not quite the same as the real thing unfortunately,  but just a precursor to doing the trip once international travel opens up (hopefully) in the next year or two.
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds