Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Web site down

Web site down 07 May 2014 06:40 #2233

• Ian Robinson
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 119
Well, that was interesting. No web site for a whole day. I had to talk to my wife as there was nothing  to watch on tv and no AMTRA web site to look at.

Actually, I had to go to work last night to secure a garage. A guy came home from work, drove into the garage, had a fit, floored it, went out through the back wall of the garage, mowed down two pergolas and a kids cubby house and his commodore ute was stuck in the rear fence and the people behinds garage. Lucky it happened while he was home and not out on the road.
Joined 1972. Life member since 1982
Last Edit: 07 May 2014 07:40 by Ian Robinson.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Web site down 07 May 2014 06:49 #2234

• seano
  • Platinum Boarder
  • liv'n the moty life
  • Thank you received: 30
Mmmmm. We have lost the previous days posts aswell 
I just wanna ride me moty B)

Web site down 07 May 2014 07:10 #2236

• Ian Robinson
  • Administrator
The web site outage was apparently caused by some sort of power problem wherever the server is. I don't know why we would have lost the previous days post. The old web site is hosted in the same place and that was not working either.
Perhaps Alex was doing some work on the new web site and had to instal a back up as something stuffed up which caused the day before posts to be lost.

Web site down 07 May 2014 07:20 #2237

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Ian Robinson wrote:
Well, that was interesting. No web site for a whole day. I actually had to talk to my wife as there was nothing  to watch on tv and no AMTRA web site to look at.
you're poor wife, she wouldn't know what hit her. Be careful she might expect the same tonight. The possibilities could be endless, next thing you might start riding again :)
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence

Web site down 07 May 2014 07:32 #2238

• craig525
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I thought it was me banned again :angry:
current ride 2012 ktm300exc gone but not forgotten heaps of orange

Web site down 07 May 2014 08:04 #2241

• Ian Robinson
  • Administrator
craig525 wrote:
I thought it was me banned again :angry:

We would not do that to you Craig.  :up:

Web site down 07 May 2014 11:21 #2242

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
Response from Alex:

Hi Serge, 

Unfortunately I don't have any good news, they do take back ups every 24 hours, however the server was malfunctioning for the last few days, they were working on trying to fix the machine so there would be no down time instead the entire server completely died.. during this time there were not able to take the 24 hour back ups ( this is what they have told me anyways ) ... 

In regard to the work that I done, no problems, I will be able to redo it.. in regard to the lost forum content, unfortunately I have no other recourse to get it back.

Now I have to make the decision if I am going to leave this company and move the sites to another or give them the benefit of the doubt considering I have been with them for over 6 years and this is the first time that something like this has happened.

I am very sorry Serge, unfortunately I depend on these people as you depend on me, and they have let both of us down... 

I would also recommend for Dave to please download a back up for the entire website for his own self keeping as we discussed during the meeting, I only keep back ups approximately every month, my last back up is from about 3 weeks ago. What has occurred is very very rare, but you do need a have a personal back up of the website in the case of any event. If Dave is not sure how or any problems, he can email or call me any time.

Kind Regards,

Alex

So this means that any posts, pics etc that have gone up in the last couple of days have all been lost (including all the well wishes after my Vinduro accident!)  So if anything was particularly important of interesting, please re-post.

Sorry guys!
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

Web site down 07 May 2014 16:27 #2244

• Peter R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
I was Lost, I didn't Know What to Do, I Panicked, ran around the House looking for who know what, it threw me in a Spin, I couldn't think Straight . I didn't Sleep, and kept having bad dreams, it's a wonder I Didn't Shit My Pants !!! :):):)
Last Edit: 07 May 2014 17:07 by Peter R.

Web site down 07 May 2014 16:57 #2245

• nathanstott
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Peter R wrote:
I was Lost, I didn't Know What to Do, I Panicked, ran around the House looking for who know what, it throw me in a Spin, I couldn't think Straight . I didn't Sleep, and kept having bad dreams, it's a wonder I Didn't Shit My Pants !!! :):):)

I bet you did shit your pants!! :sick:

What happened to the Castlemaine ride?

Web site down 07 May 2014 17:00 #2246

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
nathanstott wrote:

What happened to the Castlemaine ride?

That was part of the fallout.  We'll need to get someone to reinstate it (and Len as a member!)
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister
Last Edit: 07 May 2014 17:00 by Serge C.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds