Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Fines

Fines 05 Mar 2014 14:08 #1058

• captainrob
  • Fresh Boarder
I just got an email from a mate who was riding in the Bunyip State Forest and ended up on a horse only track. He came across some horse riders, turn his bike off until they passed, then turned around and got out of there. But it seems they recorded his Rec.Reg number plate as he got a call (not sure who from). What happens now? How can it be proved he was there?  If he cops a fine then how much will it be? I have looked on the 'net but can't find out anything about fines and penalties? Any info?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fines 13 Mar 2014 21:40 #1233

• captainrob
  • Fresh Boarder
This is the reply I got from Parks Victoria:

Under the Land Conservation (Vehicle Control) Act the following offence is breached; Use or operate any motor vehicle in any area of public land where a motor vehicles are forbidden other than in accordance with regulation 13 of the Land Conservation (Vehicle Control) regulations 2013.  Fine $144

Fines 13 Mar 2014 21:46 #1234

• David Smith
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Unless its someone of authority then I doubt it will go any further than a warning.
If its just a common folk that's recorded it then its your word against theirs, but id also be carful what you post on public forum as the DSE and others do read.
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds