Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: National Park fees

National Park fees 21 Feb 2014 19:14 #811

• Ian Robinson
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 119
I certainly hope Parks Vic don't try and charge us for entering all parks and try and make us camp in designated camping areas. 
This was one of the reasons Bill Brewer had the foresight to encourage AMTRA to purchase Abbeyard.
  • Update on National Parks Camping and Accommodation Fees Regulatory Impact Statement‏
Actions
peter.beau​mont@depi.v​ic.gov.au (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.)Add to contacts12:13
Dear All,I am writing to update you on the proposal detailed in the National Parks Camping and  Accommodation Fees Regulatory Impact Statement.  There are around 680 campgrounds in Victoria's parks and reserves, costing significant public funds to maintain and operate each year. These costs need to be recovered so that Victoria can continue to provide great visitor experiences in nature, with safe, modern campgrounds and facilities.  The current funding model is insufficient to ensure the maintenance and safety of all Victoria's public land campsites. The standard of facilities and maintenance across these sites will begin to suffer unless changes are made.The Government prepared a regulatory impact statement (RIS) to assess the impact of introducing a user pays approach to camping fees for all parks and reserves managed by Parks Victoria. The revenue generated by the proposed fees will be reinvested back into Victoria's national parks, allowing Parks Victoria to maintain campgrounds and roofed accommodation in national and state parks to a high standard into the future.  The Regulatory Impact Statement proposes a user-pays system resulting in costs to campers rather than the wider community.  The proposed revenue resulting from a user-pays system will be utilised to maintain sustainable camping facilities into the future.The proposed date for implementation of new pricing in the RIS was 1 March 2014. Following consideration of feedback received from the community and to enable organisations to plan for the 2014-2015 financial year, the revised fee structure will be in place from 1 July 2014. This will allow for further consideration of:·        accommodating camping concessions for Health Care Card holders, Pension Card Holders and DVA Gold Card Holders and school groups; and 
·        consideration of length of the peak and shoulder periods. 

Thank you for your feedback on the proposal.Yours sincerely,Peter Beaumont
http://_1_1486ce081486ca3400069fc0ca257c86/ http://_2_1486b4441486b07000069fc0ca257c86/http://_1_1486f3f41486eff400069fc0ca257c86/
Peter Beaumont, Executive Director 
Land Management Policy 
Department of Environment and Primary Industries
Level 3, 8 Nicholson St, East Melbourne, Victoria 3002 
T:
 03 9637 9807 |  | E: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
http://_1_1486d3e01486d00c00069fc0ca257c86/  

www.depi.vic.gov.au

Joined 1972. Life member since 1982
The administrator has disabled public write access.

National Park fees 22 Feb 2014 06:07 #824

• apcave2
  • Fresh Boarder
What they do not seem to take into consideration is not all campers want modern facilities. I am happy for a patch of bush by a creek, I used to hike and hikers get special consideration due to lack of mobility that is if you have a pack you sleep anywhere pretty much. Well at least they use to ignore you if they found you even in the high country. I say take a pack and hide your bike ;) 
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds