Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lockdown

Lockdown 30 Aug 2021 19:02 #34833

• Rod
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 34
How is everyone going out there? Make sure you reach out to members that may be suffering a little more than yourself.
Myself , not to bad i suppose ,  blew the cobwebs off the bike last Saturday with a quick spin around the back roads all with in the guide lines :up:. Work wise , dropped off a little but ticking along.
Last Edit: 30 Aug 2021 19:04 by Rod.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lockdown 31 Aug 2021 06:56 #34834

• Ian Robinson
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 119
More and more people are realising the restrictions are a joke imposed by a power hungry fool of a Premier. I have not been (too far) out of Melbourne but basically just ignore the stupid rules. (Just got to be careful of busy bodies complaining and takings photos while I am at work and other places:):) ) I am guessing many others are as well as the roads are busy during the day. As you said though, some people are suffering mentally because of this. Bring on the next election.
Joined 1972. Life member since 1982
Last Edit: 31 Aug 2021 06:59 by Ian Robinson.

Lockdown 31 Aug 2021 09:07 #34835

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
Do we really need another political platform?

Rod was just trying to get some club 'well-being ' discussion happening,  not another Government bashing session!
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

Lockdown 31 Aug 2021 09:10 #34836

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
As for me, rural lock-down was going great until we got thrown in with the rest of you!

Still, I'd rather be looking outat THIS backyard than my city one.  Always plenty to do on The Farm.

Work however has completely dried up.  Just submitted my application for the Covid Hardship Grant. 
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

Lockdown 31 Aug 2021 11:19 #34837

• Scott200
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 54
Firstly thank you to Rod for starting this mate and i totally agree with Serge lets keep this about us and not about what we can't control . As for me and my family we are all going ok , keeping busy doing some mods to Jarrod's fourby and Chelsea's Outlander ( yes my little girl is now 18 , where did that time go ) . As for work it's starting to dry up but next month is looking ok as we have a lot of cars coming through for deliveries ( new DMax & MUX are very popular ) . The good lady wife is in education so lot's of Webex screen time in the study . Hope you all keep well out there and please add your story to Rod's Lockdown thread . Regards Scotty . ( Hangin for a braap )

Lockdown 31 Aug 2021 15:13 #34838

• alex peacock
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
I was lucky enough to be out in the Strathbogies when we began our part of lockdown crops are looking magic,trucks are busy and about 10 days off starting harvest.trials bike is getting a bit of a workout and trying to teach a granddaughter that a throttle has more than 2 positions

Lockdown 31 Aug 2021 21:29 #34839

• Jeff Grogan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 100
who would have ever thought i am not allowed ( illegal)  to go to work, but here i am ,  and one more day of work left to wrap up a bathroom reno, then  its too far to travel to risk it.

On a lighter/ bike note, im " moving house " soon and have shifted my dirtbike to 30 acres in Hoddles ck , so naturally i had to do a few quick laps ( 2 Hrs worth) , slippery as all getup but super fun

And just repaired a flat on my " new to me " Africa , i will be legally riding ( thurs) to care give my 81 YO mother about an hrs ride if i take the back roads and blow the cobwebs out of my ( traped in a cage) mind , should eleviate my gibberish chants
Sold the DR 650 , getting a RWC as we speak.

I saw the "big berg" on his building site in ringwood  today, rang him and got a wave from the trafic lights. ( he was on the 8th floor) 

I lost a bit of sleep last ight contemplating lives lost, and especially  Al ,.... thanks for opening the conversation :(

Lockdown 01 Sep 2021 07:05 #34840

• Ian Robinson
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 119
Serge C wrote:
Do we really need another political platform?

Rod was just trying to get some club 'well-being ' discussion happening,  not another Government bashing session!

I now know of 3 people who have lost their lives  and 10 people who have lost their businesses directly due to the ridiculous lockdowns. Sorry Serge, this is political, me on $8000 a week and all of you peasants can lose everything. Yes, I am very angry. That is how I feel in answer to Rods post.
Joined 1972. Life member since 1982

Lockdown 08 Sep 2021 06:37 #34848

• Joe Bool
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Hard not to state the obvious, lockdowns suck.
But on a brighter note I bought a CRF 50 to ride it around the house! Our block is in a suburban area but it's just big enough to work. I've been cutting in a track and figuring out how to manage the sand (we live near the beach) it gets so loose when dry. 
The best part has been dinking my son around on it 2 up.  He's small enough I can sit behind him and he can use the throttle a little bit while I make sure we don't crash! I think the missus is happy just to see us having some fun. 
Looking forward to getting him out to a ride park (or daylesford?) when he's ready. And going for a bush ride on the still pretty brand new WR sitting in the shed! 
The following user(s) said Thank You: lefty

Lockdown 08 Sep 2021 08:17 #34850

• Scott200
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 54
Hello Joe , great to hear from you mate and great to hear that you and your family are going well . You've got me thinking now maybe a CRF50 to complement my CRF1000 . i know what would be easier to ride around the back yard . Really look forward to catching up when we can , it's been too long .
Regards Scotty 
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds