Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: adventure bikes

adventure bikes 04 Nov 2020 18:38 #33515

• Peter R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
Geoff L wrote:
G'day Calvin
there's a new KTM 390 that looks ok & has had good reviews & is not too expensive.
All of them are heavy compared to a dirt bike but you dont notice it when you are riding only when you stop & try to maneuver it into a parking spot, try to turn it on a tight track or when you drop it!!
The Vstrom is more road orientated than the others but is capable on the tracks. Others are more dirt orientated but suffer a bit on the bitumen, so you need to determine what sort of riding you plan to do.
Ken R rode his Tracer900 around tassie with us earlier this year & basically had no issues on the dirt roads(not tracks) & that is predominantly a road bike.
To get to interesting areas to ride there is a lot of tarmac to cover
I've had my Triumph Tiger now for nearly 3 years & up until the start of covid, I was averaging 1000Km per month of which at least 60-70% was on bitumen
I've had my Triumph Tiger now for nearly 3 years & up until the start of covid, I was averaging 1000Km per month of which at least 60-70% was on bitumen
More like 99.888888 % on Tar !!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds