Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: 50th Follow up.

50th Follow up. 22 Oct 2019 21:46 #30995

• Rod
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 34
What a grouse weekend. I'm sure those who attended had a great time. Around 120 stayed for the dinner and many coming & going during the day.
A few thank you's are in order , in no apparent order :
Rob , Doug and Cam for bringing a lot of goodies from the Abbeyard.
Cam also for looking after us with the toilets $$.
Bill Graham for hosting, With all his infrastructure already being there i cant think of any other place better for holding that kind of event. 
Tim W for helping cook 200 snags and lots of eggs helped by Bill Brewer.
Devan W for looking after the movies.
Pat Rose made up a stand for a sink at the camping area.
Paul A for grabbing the beverages & ice. 
And the people who helped with the clean up.
Don, Wendy , Bruce , Heidi & Kerry who were responsible for the  Amtra's 50th anniversary book. [many hours work]
On driving out of the property i felt humble of being part of such a great club.  We  can be proud of what we have achieved over the past 50 years , lets do it all again in another 10.
Regards Rod.
Last Edit: 22 Oct 2019 21:47 by Rod.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian Robinson, Serge C, Trevor b, Al, Willbar, Robert James Crisp, Scott200

50th Follow up. 23 Oct 2019 08:11 #30997

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Yes indeed - WELL DONE to all involved. :)

10 years time - Hmmm - can we pick a warmer month ;) 
It's just more time to be flat out!

50th Follow up. 23 Oct 2019 22:52 #30998

• kerrywill
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
Popped this on F/book but this seems a good spot to record  on the AMTRA website .
THANK YOU Rod Wainwright for the tremendous effort you made and put in to organise the AMTRA 50th Birthday and make it such a successful and fitting celebration. There was a wide spread of AMTRA members (130 odd) from over the years in attendance. I caught up with riding mates from 40+ years ago, and was able to 'chew the fat' with new riding acquaintances made from my recent return to the AMTRA fold. It has been pleasing to see how "new" faces have taken up the baton over the decades to keep AMTRA on the go. Thanks is also due to Bill Graham for the use of his property, all those who assisted and contributed to the day in some way (many listed on Rod's post above) and Peter Ross for organising the 50th celebratory ride (100+kms and 5+hrs). I hope everyone had as good a time as I did. Thanks again Rod (and the Wainwright crew).
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds