Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Just Joined

Just Joined 02 May 2019 20:08 #29747

• Zambibian
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi All,

Beginner here, just joined! Only been riding my 250crf for about 7 months, and looking forward to going on my first group ride! 

I am still in need of protective gear (only have helmet, goggles, and boots). Any advise on what to get and where would be greatly appreciated!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Just Joined 02 May 2019 21:36 #29748

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Welcome aboard Zambibian.

I'm going to assume you have gloves as well.

Riding pants would be a good investment. The better ones have hip pads for protection there.
A pair of knee protectors that slip into your boots and the pants go over.
And probably the most expensive would be a one piece body armour vest. They have protection pads built into a mesh for chest, shoulders, elbows and back protection.
A riding top is usually worn over the body armour.
It's just more time to be flat out!
Last Edit: 02 May 2019 21:37 by Ken R.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zambibian

Just Joined 03 May 2019 14:31 #29753

• Mat R
  • Administrator
  • AMTRA Treasurer
  • Thank you received: 94
Both AMX and MCAS have "last year's" riding gear at reduced prices and have a number of locations so should be one not too far away.

Adventure style jackets are reasonable, but can get too hot in them when trail riding as against adventure riding.

There are also knee braces rather than knee guards which offer some better protection but can start getting expensive.

S3performance online had some mesh body armour for a low price. Best to be able to try some on to see what works for you.

If you can get to the Daylesford or Three Bridges ride days then you could see what others are using and what they think of it, before going and buying.
The older I get, the slower I was.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zambibian
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds