Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Who has dabbled in Trials riding?

Who has dabbled in Trials riding? 20 Nov 2018 18:01 #28282

• Rob
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
I did a half day with Trials Experience, it was great and I can see how you could get hooked.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Who has dabbled in Trials riding? 20 Nov 2018 19:33 #28283

• Scott200
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 54
Hey Geoff , how are the old bones doin mate ?? 

Who has dabbled in Trials riding? 20 Nov 2018 20:22 #28284

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Rob wrote:
I did a half day with Trials Experience, it was great and I can see how you could get hooked.

That's the go - bike and training supplied so that you can see if it works for you!

Who has dabbled in Trials riding? 20 Nov 2018 20:33 #28285

• alex peacock
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
I’ve had a dabble and enjoy it you don’t need much space and can set a course with anything you’ve got lying around on a quiet day we’ve spent a lot of time riding around in my workshop if you find a obstacle easy you just have to change the approach or departure and it changes the difficulty your welcome to come and have a play anytime as for a 4 Kph crash they still hurt cause your normally falling on a rock or log.it is good for your balance

Who has dabbled in Trials riding? 20 Nov 2018 21:40 #28292

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
A long long time ago - I had ridden my DT1 to work in Sth Melb and home down the beach to Frankston, I had done some trail riding on it and had a go at road racing.

Why not enter a trials event on it me thinks. So I purchased the biggest back sprocket and smallest front, took all the bits off I would'nt need and headed off to the course over the road from the mint in Craigieburn, if my memory is correct.

It wasn't a brilliant debut by any stretch of the imagination, I bounced off rocks as I exited the taped course, fell over logs as I exited the taped course and even managed to find myself under the bike in the creek, once again, as I exited the taped course. Luckily for the observers they only needed to count the dabs and stabs up to 3 or they would have run out of scoring paper.

I drove home with my tail between my legs and a dent in the Yamaha's tank to remind me every time I rode it - never enter another trials.
It's just more time to be flat out!
Last Edit: 20 Nov 2018 21:49 by Ken R.

Who has dabbled in Trials riding? 20 Nov 2018 22:04 #28293

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Sounds like there have been some interesting experiences - I think I'll have to drop a hint to the 'minister for finance' that the Trials Experience course could be a good xmas present.

Of course, like Al, I'll probably just end up with a lump or two of coal....
Last Edit: 21 Nov 2018 17:32 by flipper.

Who has dabbled in Trials riding? 25 Nov 2018 21:21 #28345

• Gerald
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Hi Flip, 

i ride trials, it’s a fantastic way of improving your skill level. You should venture down to the club in Oakleigh  for a look see.

Highly  recommend a trials experience introduction training session, costs less than you’d think and you get to try before you buy. I’ve done a couple of different training programs and without exception every trail/Enduro rider has been really amazed at what even learning a few techniques makes to their riding generally. It’s awesome fun as well.

if you’d like to have a go on a trials bike I’d be happy for you to have a go on mine sometime. 

Just send me a message and we can set it up.
Last Edit: 25 Nov 2018 21:30 by Gerald.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flipper
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds