Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the AMTRA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Avon Wilderness 27/10/18

Avon Wilderness 27/10/18 28 Oct 2018 19:41 #27995

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
What an awesome day was had, the 1st river crossing at Huggetts Crossing saw me with no footing and put my bike down on its left side for a rest whilst I gained footing, unfortunately it induced water so thanks to all that chipped in we drained the water from the bike and fitted a new plug and we where off again did most of the river crossing and stopped for a regroup to find a bolt missing from the rear guard, no bolts the right size so a quick cable tie of the tug strap and we where off again but not for long when I felt the back end wobbling, bugger a flat rear, having a tubeless on the rear it was a quick plug and fill with air but no cigar as what ever put a hole in the tyre also put a hole in the Tubliss Rim lock tube. Now this could have been patch but these are hard enough to do in the workshop on a wheel stand so I decided to put a rim lock inn and a tube, as I only had a front spare Mark kindly donated his spare rear since we where only around a 1/3rd into the ride, Thank You Mark very much appreciated, A Massive Thank you to Graeme for volunteering to do it for me and all who lifted the bike up onto the 3 foot tree stump.   Once we where off again its funny how the thought of a standard tube pumped up hard on rocky terrain plays with your mind but all good. We got to Hicky Creek Tk and Mount Margaret Track and I decided we should head down towards Chaynes Bridge for lunch in the valley but as we got about 2/3rds the the rock step downs looked about 600mm high and as I was concered about Teds ability to come back up I decided we should turn around so we did and head back to the Mount Margaret intersection for lunch, I also decided to avoid the starecase track that we normally take on the return mainly because of my thin rear tube in place so we headed back to the end of Mount Margaret and back towards the river crossing area. Once we got to the go left for the same way we came or straight ahead onto teds killer hill track for the discussion with Ted, at 1st he thought lets go back the way we came, that was kool till I refused to ride his bike over the rivers, he then said no lets do my hill Im ready to kill it which he did easily and in fact his pace and confidence picked up no end after ridding straight up the hill he had problems on last year. Pretty soon we where back at the cars with only 110klms on the speedo but what a awesome 110 it was. A big thank you to everyone who came along Hamish and I had a great day and thank you all for supporting this ride. Thank you to Mark for Tailman duties in the morning and the tube and to Graeme for Arvo Tail and the tyre repair and draining the river from my bike.

1. Will Munro Ride leader Berg 300
2. Mark Judkins Morning Tail Person Husky 450
3. Graeme Kittle Arvo Tail Person KTM 350
4. Hamish Munro KTM 300
5. Jason Erle Berg 570
6. Nigel Woodhouse SWM 300
7. Jarrod Clarke Yammee 450
8. Ted Henning Yammee 250 
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Avon Wilderness 27/10/18 29 Oct 2018 08:17 #27998

• markjudkins
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
It was a beautiful day to go and wander around the Avon Wilderness. It's very dry and dusty out there but everyone seemed to be spreading themselves out to avoid the dust as much as possible.
There were 3 newcomers to Amtra (Jason, Jarod and Nigel) on this ride. They have all certainly ridden before and they went well easily completing Saturdays ride without any issues.  Hope to see you guys out on other Amtra rides. It's hard to sometimes gauge how difficult a ride will be but you guys can all confidently stick your hands up for clubman level rides.
Good to see Ted out on the bike and still loving it.
Thanks Will for putting on the ride and everyone else for contributing to a fun day.  

Avon Wilderness 27/10/18 06 Nov 2018 14:20 #28084

• Nugga
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Yep, thanks Will for organizing the day, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Looking forward to the next AMTRA ride!!!
Nigel
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds