Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SWM Superdual X

SWM Superdual X 10 Oct 2019 09:22 #30918

• Grandpa
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Does anyone have any experience with these bikes ?................. What is good / what is bad ?  Are they that much better than a DR650 ?   Smooth or vibrate ?  etc etc etc.
Thanks in advance
Steve
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SWM Superdual X 10 Oct 2019 10:49 #30919

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
Steve,

A mate of mine bought one and was very happy with the way it rode (mind you, he hasn't done a lot of miles on it)

However, from day one he had an issue with the clutch.  despite repeated returns to the dealer, the issue is still the same.

And recently he returned it for a re-call issue on the oil pick-up tube/filter.  Seems the tubes disintegrate and spread themselves throughout the entire engine.  his had completely failed and resulted in the engine being COMPLETELY pulled down and inspected.  it's been in the shop for a number of weeks now, along with at least 6 other bikes waiting the same treatment.

The work is all covered under warranty, but he reckons when he gets it back, he'll try and sell it and cut his losses.

Hope that helps!
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

SWM Superdual X 10 Oct 2019 12:48 #30920

• shercophil
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
They inherited the engine from the Husky Te630 which had the same problem as Serge described, it resulted in terminal failures, it is a screen filter similar to those in the KTM RFS motors.I did a 3 day high country ride about a year ago and one of the blokes had a brand new Superdual, seemed to go really well and looked like great value for money, only problem he had was the rear suspension was very harsh.

SWM Superdual X 10 Oct 2019 17:44 #30922

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
I came real close Steve had a lot to offer for the price but went for a second hand 660 Tenere in the end as the possibility of reliability issues scared me off with some big trips planned. DR or Tenere is what I would suggest. 
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence

SWM Superdual X 10 Oct 2019 17:46 #30923

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Willbar wrote:
I came real close Steve had a lot to offer for the price but went for a second hand 660 Tenere in the end as the possibility of reliability issues scared me off with some big trips planned. DR or Tenere is what I would suggest. 
Give me a call on Sunday I should be around home, you can come and have a look over mine for reference.
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence

SWM Superdual X 10 Oct 2019 22:13 #30932

• Dirtpilot
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 36
I am looking at a single adv bike to complement the GS. The Superdual is tempting as the price is cheap and they are well specced. Like Will said the reliability is in the back of my mind. I am looking at the XT660ZTenere as well. They are proven to do over 100k without any dramas. Downside is they appear to be a bit heavy. The DR is too bland for me and you need to spend a fair bit of time and money to turn them into an adv bike. Not a problem buying used tho.

SWM Superdual X 12 Oct 2019 16:41 #30934

• Peter R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
I rode both Models
The Welding looks like it's been done by a 3 year Old, but it rides well and that Bloody stupid seat pissed me off.
Resale will be sh!tous so save ya money and buy a real Bike.
Walk Away, Walk Away !!!
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds