Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Introducing Suzan

Introducing Suzan 20 Jan 2015 15:48 #7410

• Zeb Colic
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Seems like no much is getting posted so I thought this old girl might start some chatter ...

This is my IT465H I have had it now for over 18 months and I absolutely love riding , when I got it she was cosmetically pretty good but a relative mechanical mess, ran like shit , suspension was non existent and tuned to run like a diesel tractor . Anyway with a massive amount of help from Gary Clarke it now runs like a dream and I actually prefer to ride this than my Husaberg ( most of the time ) 

I bought the IT to open up the opportunity to start riding Vinduro events which would give another dimension to my ride options and add a little more fun factor from time to time , it also gave me a toy to play with rather than playing with my good bike when it didn't really need to be touched .

The IT looks pretty OEM and I wanted to keep it that way but I have added modern parts to make it either more rideable or a little different to the other 465 getting around.

A labour of love and frustration but in the end I now know this model nearly inside out , the list is of stuff added or changed  :

43mm YZ forks and triple clamps
Race tech gold valve emulators in the from 
0.46 kg Race Tech springs in the front also
Custom made G3S race tech shock in the rear ( high and low speed compression adjustment and 65 clicks or rebound )
Digital Dash and sensor adapted to front wheel
RKH unbreakable quantum levers on both sides
Renthal " RC HIGH " bars
DG Pipe and Muffler
Redrilled Excel front rim with the rear re - anodized to match 
New Mukuni 38mm Carby re - jetted back to OEM pretty much 
Crank seals redone 
Clutch  Side  -  Side cover rebushed with Vesconite to take the kicker shaft and seals replaced.
Wiring loom pretty much redone.
After market switch block wired in.
KTM blinkers added
6V 2AMP Battery wired in  
Boysen two stage power reeds 

The bike is pretty much finished now so will be doing most of this years Vinduro's PROBLEM IS I enjoyed playing with this bike so much I am already thinking about the next one .

Attachments:
Last Edit: 20 Jan 2015 15:50 by Zeb Colic.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Introducing Suzan 20 Jan 2015 16:46 #7412

• Tony H
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
Love your work Zeb. 
Ps. I want your rear shock. 

Introducing Suzan 20 Jan 2015 18:47 #7415

• nathanstott
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
I think you've missed the point of "Vin"duro
Last Edit: 20 Jan 2015 18:48 by nathanstott.

Introducing Suzan 20 Jan 2015 19:22 #7416

• Zeb Colic
  • Expert Boarder
nathanstott wrote:
Hi Nathan why do you say I missed the point of VInduro , all due respect to your opinion but I reckon I got it spot on . 

Introducing Suzan 20 Jan 2015 19:42 #7418

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Zeb Colic wrote:
Seems like no much is getting posted so I thought this old girl might start some chatter ...

This is my IT465H I have had it now for over 18 months and I absolutely love riding , when I got it she was cosmetically pretty good but a relative mechanical mess, ran like shit , suspension was non existent and tuned to run like a diesel tractor . Anyway with a massive amount of help from Gary Clarke it now runs like a dream and I actually prefer to ride this than my Husaberg ( most of the time ) 

I bought the IT to open up the opportunity to start riding Vinduro events which would give another dimension to my ride options and add a little more fun factor from time to time , it also gave me a toy to play with rather than playing with my good bike when it didn't really need to be touched .

The IT looks pretty OEM and I wanted to keep it that way but I have added modern parts to make it either more rideable or a little different to the other 465 getting around.

A labour of love and frustration but in the end I now know this model nearly inside out , the list is of stuff added or changed  :

43mm YZ forks and triple clamps
Race tech gold valve emulators in the from 
0.46 kg Race Tech springs in the front also
Custom made G3S race tech shock in the rear ( high and low speed compression adjustment and 65 clicks or rebound )
Digital Dash and sensor adapted to front wheel
RKH unbreakable quantum levers on both sides
Renthal " RC HIGH " bars
DG Pipe and Muffler
Redrilled Excel front rim with the rear re - anodized to match 
New Mukuni 38mm Carby re - jetted back to OEM pretty much 
Crank seals redone 
Clutch  Side  -  Side cover rebushed with Vesconite to take the kicker shaft and seals replaced.
Wiring loom pretty much redone.
After market switch block wired in.
KTM blinkers added
6V 2AMP Battery wired in  
Boysen two stage power reeds 

The bike is pretty much finished now so will be doing most of this years Vinduro's PROBLEM IS I enjoyed playing with this bike so much I am already thinking about the next one .

remember Zeb it would look awesome in my man cave $$$$$$$ waiting for u
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence

Introducing Suzan 20 Jan 2015 20:12 #7422

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
nathanstott wrote:

I think what Nathan means is that you've replaced all the bits that made these 'old' bikes, and replaced them with modern bits! You've re-built a modern bike in vintage livery.

Mind you, I understand why you have, but the challenge is to ride these things the way they were (as close as practical), and cope with their shortfalls.

But ultimately, who cares?  You'll be out on the circuit and that's a good thing.  Well done.
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

Introducing Suzan 20 Jan 2015 22:00 #7430

• nathanstott
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Serge C wrote:
nathanstott wrote:

I think what Nathan means is that you've replaced all the bits that made these 'old' bikes, and replaced them with modern bits! You've re-built a modern bike in vintage livery.

Mind you, I understand why you have, but the challenge is to ride these things the way they were (as close as practical), and cope with their shortfalls.

But ultimately, who cares?  You'll be out on the circuit and that's a good thing.  Well done.
What he said.

Introducing Suzan 20 Jan 2015 22:32 #7431

• Mat R
  • Administrator
  • AMTRA Treasurer
  • Thank you received: 94
Willbar wrote:
Zeb Colic wrote:
Blah Blah blah bla Blah Blah Blah blah bla Blah Blah Blah blah bla BlahBlah Blah blah bla Blah Blah Blah blah bla Blah Blah Blah blah bla Blah Blah Blah blah bla Blah Blah Blah blah bla Blah

KTM blinkers added

Blah Blah blah bla Blah Blah Blah blah bla Blah Blah Blah blah bla BlahBlah Blah blah bla Blah Blah Blah blah bla Blah Blah Blah blah bla Blah Blah Blah blah bla Blah Blah Blah blah bla Blah

remember Zeb it would look awesome in my man cave $$$$$$$ waiting for u

I bet thats all Willbar saw when he read it!
The older I get, the slower I was.

Introducing Suzan 20 Jan 2015 22:35 #7432

• Mat R
  • Administrator
  • AMTRA Treasurer
  • Thank you received: 94
I remember catching up to Zeb at the Three Bridges Vinduro, all this steam in the air and thinking "IT465's weren't water cooled were they?"

We should see him flying around now that it runs well.

Digital dash - lets you know how fast you are going to hit something when the brakes fade on you.
The older I get, the slower I was.

Introducing Suzan 20 Jan 2015 23:05 #7433

• Zeb Colic
  • Expert Boarder
Serge C wrote:
nathanstott wrote:

Maybe so serge and you are correct on so many fronts , it's not that I missed the point of vInduro but when I built the bike I wanted for all intents and purposes to have a pre 85 big bore two stroke that was good enough that I could ride at vinduros or any other club or social ride , my intent was to build a 465 to ride not restore and to the purists these are two very different things of course , I will go down the resto road one day but not yet .

It's one thing to buy a super handling modern endure bike that puts its power down to the ground with ease , stops on a two bob bit and has infinitely tuneable suspension etc but for me this whole project was to try and take a 1981 model Sherman tank and get it as close to that as I possibly could " WHY " because it was crap load of fun doing it and even more fun riding it now that it's done . 

C U at three bridges  :D:D
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds