Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Harrow Vinduro 2016

Harrow Vinduro 2016 12 Jul 2016 10:31 #17645

• Dirtpilot
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 36
better if it wasn't a pe. Should be an xr as they are a better bike. But its ok by me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Harrow Vinduro 2016 23 Jul 2016 16:43 #17806

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
Roll on Harrow!

"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

Harrow Vinduro 2016 23 Jul 2016 17:43 #17807

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Well Serge what can I say except "You have a nice pair" :shock:

I was gear shopping for my birthday last week and visited Byrner's in Seaford. What a great collection of Vinduro and MX bikes he has on display upstairs. 

I now have some nice new riding gear to go get dirty, I'm thinking dust will be OK, could be a while.
It's just more time to be flat out!

Harrow Vinduro 2016 23 Jul 2016 20:02 #17813

• Frankieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 105
Ken R wrote:
Well Serge what can I say except "You have a nice pair" :shock:

I was gear shopping for my birthday last week and visited Byrner's in Seaford. What a great collection of Vinduro and MX bikes he has on display upstairs. 

I now have some nice new riding gear to go get dirty, I'm thinking dust will be OK, could be a while.

You are missing the best time to ride mate, the mud & dodging the water holes, slippery hills is where all the fun is.
Don't mess with old bikers, they don't just look crazy. :)

My first motor bike ride at the age 13, 58 years later I'm still riding.

Harrow Vinduro 2016 23 Jul 2016 22:07 #17816

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Been there, done that ;)
It's just more time to be flat out!

Harrow Vinduro 2016 01 Aug 2016 12:39 #18014

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
When I met Darren at Ballan Maccas, it was cold.  We saddled up and headed West into some nasty looking clouds and ever increasing rain.  We asked ourselves on several occasions, at what point are we turning around and giving this the kibosh?  Fortunately, we didn't and 10 minutes out of Harrow, the rain stopped and we arrived amid a glow of glorious sunshine.  We took advantage of this and quickly set-up camp (in case the weather changed it's mind!)

After catch-ups and several beers, we headed to the pub (for more catch-ups and beers), then hung around for dinner and called it a night around 10:30.

Saturday morning was a leisurely wake up and breakfast, before getting bikes and gear ready for the 'practice' session.  this consisted of a grass scramble/MX track on a near-by property.  Our posse was one of the first to get there, so with a few others on the track, we cut loose and had a blast.  However, as more and more bikes entered the circuit, the track got more and more cut up and the natural culverts became wider and deeper and they created some serious concerns for many gentlemens' vegetables!

Some little snippets from the track:

Harrow Vinduro 2016 01 Aug 2016 13:13 #18015

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
After the practice session, we were supposed to have our bikes impounded by 5:00, but someone had the great idea of taking them all up and parking them in the main street of Harrow for a pic.  I'd had (as had many others), a little too much bible juice, so my bike didn't get there, but plenty did!

After this, it was back to camp to make ourselves beautiful for the VERi AGM and annual Harrow Dinner.  We all opted for a relatively early night to make sure we were in tip-top form for the main event tomorrow.

A bit (lot) of rain fell overnight, so we woke to a cold and foggy morning.  The bikes in the park ferme looked as cold as we felt!  The usual riders briefing was had, warnings were given and advise espoused before the first bikes were given their order to go.  as usual, Team AMTRA lined up and Pat took off, never to be seen again.  Darren and I had arranged to meet up the other guys in our group, so off we went and stuck together for the whole day.

The course started with some tight, sandy single track (all on private property), which was a great way to get warmed up.  We then had a continually changing array of open hilly paddocks with steep up and downs (all wet and slippery), lots of boggy creek crossings and generally wet areas.  The terrain hadn't seen much rain for a while, and it was now quite water-logged.  We dodged trees, rocks, dead animals, bogs slippery logs and all manner of other obstacles.  Some sections were grippy and fast, others were treacherously slippery and not so fast, but all in all a good fun ride.  The main loop was 90ks long, and as I always say, 90ks on one of these old girls feels a lot more than a modern bike, so after one loop, we were quite happy to call it a day.  

Gold medals were awarded to anyone who completed a full loop and there were plenty that didn't!  

The event attracted about 160 riders, with various marques being represented.  XRs have surpassed ITs as the most common bike.  I'm happy to say that the widow-maker performed faultlessly all day and it was great to spend the day riding with Daz.  I have no idea how Pat went cos we didn't see him till later in the afternoon!  No doubt, more footage and pics will appear in the coming days and i'll endeavor to share them with those who are interested.

Harrow 2016, done and dusted!

Harrow Vinduro 2016 01 Aug 2016 20:33 #18023

• Evo
Great report and pics/video Serge. Happy to see you and Daz made it back safe........Pat?
Did the Kurt/IT200 combo  finish?

Harrow Vinduro 2016 01 Aug 2016 20:42 #18024

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Thanks for the report Serge - not quite as good as my being there in person, but I still can visualise the atmosphere.
Harrow's main street looks awesome!

Did both of your PE's get a run on the Saturday?

So XR's are getting popular, eh - might have to get one of my other ones sale-worthy whilst they're still trendy!

Harrow Vinduro 2016 02 Aug 2016 21:35 #18035

• Dirtpilot
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 36
The big bore 250 made it this year. I did 2 laps, double gold.
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds