Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Veri Tallarook vinduro 29th May

Veri Tallarook vinduro 29th May 06 May 2016 20:27 #16100

• Tony H
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
Tallarock is rescheduled to the 29th May. This vinduro has an exceptionally good loop with a few testing bits.

From Veri

Unfortunately the Stratford Vinduro that was to have been held on May 29 has been cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control.Instead we shall be running the Tallarook Vinduro on May 29, and another event (TBA) will be held on October 30.VERi apologises for any inconvenience.Keep checking our website and Facebook page for more updates.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Veri Tallarook vinduro 29th May 15 May 2016 18:22 #16219

• Tony H
  • Gold Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Serge C

Veri Tallarook vinduro 29th May 15 May 2016 19:34 #16220

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
So, are you going Tony?
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

Veri Tallarook vinduro 29th May 15 May 2016 20:16 #16221

• Tony H
  • Gold Boarder
Yes

Veri Tallarook vinduro 29th May 15 May 2016 20:26 #16222

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
Good, me too!

Veri Tallarook vinduro 29th May 28 May 2016 13:40 #16637

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
Race prepped and ready to ring-a-ding-ding!

Veri Tallarook vinduro 29th May 30 May 2016 20:02 #16672

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
Lemme tell ya, it was COLD as I was driving to Tallarook!  0 degrees on the Hume before I turned into Ennis road!

60 punters turned up for the event, which should be renamed the 'Serge-broke-his-foot-memorial', as this was the event that damaged me two years ago.  I caught up with Vinduro mates Kurt (on Wade's ol' IT200) and Alex (Team Camel-toe Racing).  Pat and Lee arrived a little later and Lee debated whether she'd ride or not.   We persevered riders briefing, then dropped our pants in that chilly air and geared up.

The cold start routine was somewhat overlooked (as was the numbered start), but Drakie tried to keep the entrants in line!

As in previous events, there was a 3.5 k loop marked out on private property.  This consisted entirely of single-track, with plenty of trees, rocks and other obstacles to navigate.  Recent rain made traction very good and the dry, sunny weather created perfect riding conditions (albeit still COLD).  I did 2 or 3 loops of the closed track, before meeting up with Alex, Kurt and Bruce at the exit point for the 35 k loop in the Talarook State Forest.

Kurt was still waiting for one of his mates, so Bruce and I took off.  The forest loop was typical Tallarook trails.  Mostly open stuff, with plenty of hill (both up and down) and lots of fast sections to get the 2-bangers singing in their bands.  Our first loop went very well, completing it in about an hour.  Highlights were the long downhill run on Teahans #4 track, the very long, very steep and VERY rutted downhill (who's name I didn't see), and the equally long up-hill climb with huge erosion mounds and man-eating swamps on the back-side of said mounds.  Bruce and I expected Alex and Kurt to catch up with us, but upon returning to camp we learned that Kurt had fried the clutch on his IT and was waiting to be recovered.  In the meantime, we had lunch (and a bit of a rest) and then headed out for another couple of laps on the closed loop.  I caught up with Pat and we planned to do another forest loop, so Bruce joined us and off we went again.  The PE was zinging along and the first part of the loop whizzed by, slightly quicker than my previous as I was trying to keep up/catch Pat.  Alas, that steep rutted track caught me out!  Having selected a rut to run down, a large rock rolled into my path and I managed to brake enough so the front wheel stopped on the rock.  Unfortunately, the rear wheel didn't (stop) and continued going till the bike was almost  vertical!  I released the brake just before I went over the bars and managed to get the back down, but the dismount wasn't graceful!  Bruce, who was behind me, thought it looked spectacular  I didn't!

We continued on, and caught up with a couple of 'modern' bikes who were just out enjoying Tallarook too.  I must say, it's bit of a hoot when you blast past a 2000ish KTM on my 35 year old Suzuki!  Coming back down Teahan's track, we found Kurt still waiting there from his morning loop and was now accompanied by Ross, with damage to his IT's rear shock.  Turned out to be an somewhat boring, yet eventful day for these two.  We rode on, but a couple of other slip-ups at the end of the loop had me realizing that I was getting tired, so when we returned to the cars, I was ready to call it a day.

All-in-all, a good fun day was had.  I clocked up around 90 ks worth of riding and I reckon that equated to about 150ks on a modern bike (especially the way I'm feeling!)  Thanks to VERi for holding the event, Peter M for the use of his property and all those that came along and made it a great day.

More photos can be viewed at VERis facebook Page
www.facebook.com/VERi-Vinduro

Veri Tallarook vinduro 29th May 30 May 2016 20:35 #16675

• flipper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Thanks for the report Serge.

Sadly another Vinduro event that I had to miss :(, but the next one at Hopetoun is a definite!

Veri Tallarook vinduro 29th May 30 May 2016 22:11 #16683

• Dirtpilot
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 36
Great day. First full vinduro on the XR250 after last years Harrow debacle. The 250 is awesome. 

Veri Tallarook vinduro 29th May 30 May 2016 22:17 #16684

• Dirtpilot
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 36
Last Edit: 31 May 2016 18:20 by Serge C. Reason: Fixed Link
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds