Buy & Sell
  • Page:

TOPIC: Kens KTM

Kens KTM 06 Feb 2017 10:12 #19985

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
It's a tough decision but one I've had to make.

Trail riding has been a huge part of my life, a constant, even through some very tough times, but my lungs can no longer cope with dust. Tail men will confirm I'm becoming a pain hanging out the back out of the dust.

The Kato is a 2006 with 20,500ks on the clock. If you've rode with me you know it's never been thrashed (maybe revved out a bit on the bitumin) and Wiggy it's previous owner was even more of a gent than me. Maintenance has never been neglected, new valves, pistons, rings, cam chains, wheel bearings, filters and oil etc etc as required.

The Kato comes with a huge box of new and slightly used spares including the original tank and seat, heavier front and back springs (Wiggy was a lard :)) new clutch plates and too much else to mention.

OK - I'm looking for $3500.

The RZ350 is almost sold so the MT09 Tracer is not far away to be set up for "The Warm Mushroom" ride, and this will be some extra red wine money.
It's just more time to be flat out!
Last Edit: 06 Feb 2017 10:14 by Ken R.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Guy

Kens KTM 06 Feb 2017 12:51 #19986

• Frankieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 105
Sorry to hear Mate, yes it's a sad time of life that we will come to  all of us, the mind is still willing, but the other bits will start letting us down, I try not to think too much about that, it's a bit like    If ya think old, then you are old.

I was hoping to get you & Ted out on a nice easy ride here in my back yard, looks like that won't happen now.

Will you be spending a bit of time on the roadie now mate ?
Don't mess with old bikers, they don't just look crazy. :)

My first motor bike ride at the age 13, 58 years later I'm still riding.

Kens KTM 06 Feb 2017 13:52 #19987

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Yes Frankie the roadie been's getting a work out. The RZ350 is really nice to ride and keeping it in the right gear all came back to me. Zoom Zoom :up:

The Mens Shed has 3 regular road riders, so meeting at Baxter and heading out to west Gippsland or the Mornington Peninsula is real easy to do, and nobody's complained about a bit of smoke - yet. Weekdays are the go, with no Sunday drivers (you know those old farts in Volvos) out clogging up the bends. ha ha
It's just more time to be flat out!
Last Edit: 06 Feb 2017 13:54 by Ken R.

Kens KTM 06 Feb 2017 14:16 #19988

• andianjul
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
Ken is the red thing you had at last month's club meeting the 'RZ'?
That was a nice resto. What did you get for it?
‘16 Sherco SEFR450, ‘98 Yamaha WR200
"You're the dumbest smart person I know"
The following user(s) said Thank You: colinp

Kens KTM 06 Feb 2017 19:06 #19991

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Ken R wrote:

Trail riding has been a huge part of my life, a constant, even through some very tough times, but my lungs can no longer cope with dust. Tail men will confirm I'm becoming a pain hanging out the back out of the dust.

The Kato is a 2006 with 20,500ks on the clock. If you've rode with me you know it's never been thrashed (maybe revved out a bit on the bitumin) and Wiggy it's previous owner was even more of a gent than me. Maintenance has never been neglected, new valves, pistons, rings, cam chains, wheel bearings, filters and oil etc etc as required.

The Kato comes with a huge box of new and slightly used spares including the original tank and seat, heavier front and back springs (Wiggy was a lard :)) new clutch plates and too much else to mention.

The RZ350 is almost sold so the MT09 Tracer is not far away to be set up for "The Warm Mushroom" ride, and this will be some extra red wine money.
no dust when u lead rides Kenny, pretty simple aye theres room for a L1 L2 ride leader at Neerim
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence

Kens KTM 06 Feb 2017 19:11 #19992

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Ken R wrote:

no dust when u lead rides Kenny, pretty simple aye theres room for a L1 L2 ride leader at Neerim
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence

Kens KTM 06 Feb 2017 19:12 #19993

• Frankieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
Ken R wrote:
Yes Frankie the roadie been's getting a work out. The RZ350 is really nice to ride and keeping it in the right gear all came back to me. Zoom Zoom :up:

The Mens Shed has 3 regular road riders, so meeting at Baxter and heading out to west Gippsland or the Mornington Peninsula is real easy to do, and nobody's complained about a bit of smoke - yet. Weekdays are the go, with no Sunday drivers (you know those old farts in Volvos) out clogging up the bends. ha ha

Sounds good , have fun mate.

Kens KTM 06 Feb 2017 19:26 #19997

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
Just a little bit off-topic.  This IS a 'For Sale ' thread!
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

Kens KTM 06 Feb 2017 19:37 #19999

• Wiggy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
(Wiggy was a lard 
Be nice Ken !
Last Edit: 06 Feb 2017 19:38 by Wiggy.

Kens KTM 06 Feb 2017 19:43 #20000

• Frankieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
Serge C wrote:
Just a little bit off-topic.  This IS a 'For Sale ' thread!

I'm just replying to what Ken said, it's not only a for sale notice.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds