Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here
  • Page:

TOPIC: Toolangi 31.1.2015

Toolangi 31.1.2015 31 Jan 2015 19:40 #7753

• Evo
With a low 21 degrees forecast no rain for the day our ride was shaping to be a good one for the 11 riders who fronted
up at the Yarra Glenn bakery meeting point.  After a coffee and introductions it was back the cars and 20mins up the
highway to our start point.
All was well until  Bill's 550 Berg was refusing to start, an omen of things to come. So with some pushing
the Berg was now running and we were soon heading towards Toolangi,  and into some interesting trails. One such 
trail was quite a steep decline with rocks, drop offs and tree roots was an engine off feet out paddling type trail, several
riders including Mr Evans kissing the dirt on the way down.
Finding our way past the potato research farm crossing Myers creek road and up Monda road. I think at this point Bill
had too many problems trying to re start his bike and decided to head back to the cars taking Adam with him.
At the end of Monda road we turned off and then another long decent  to rouch road Narbethong then onto
Stony creek for lunch.
The rest of the day flowed very well with only Steve's gasser getting a flat slowing things down, fortunately Tristan was
on hand with some expert tyre changing to get us on the move again. So that was it 100+ kilometres on the dial we
returned to cars with out further incidents and  no ambulance calls. A good days riding aye boys?
Thank you Craig for your excellent selection of trails for day and lead riding. Thank you also to Paul for your patient 
 tailman duties all day.

Craig 300 KTM ride leader
Mark WR450
Paul 300 KTM tailman
Nick TE449
Lynton WR250
Steven GasGas
Adam DRZ400
Bill T FE550
Wade YZ250
Tristan Beta 300
Dennis DK WR450

Mugshots

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Toolangi 31.1.2015 31 Jan 2015 19:44 #7754

• Evo
  One more

Toolangi 31.1.2015 31 Jan 2015 20:23 #7755

• Paul b
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for putting on a great ride today Craig.  I haven't been on an AMTRA ride for a long time and it was really good to get out again and realise what i have been missing out on.
Looking forward to the next one.  
Cheers Paul 

Toolangi 31.1.2015 01 Feb 2015 07:22 #7760

• Stevodrztractor
Thanks again for a great ride Craig,   Thanks to everyone who helped out especially Tristan for the tube changing services

Toolangi 31.1.2015 01 Feb 2015 12:49 #7768

• Denis
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Thanks for a great ride it had a bit of everything look forward to the next one. Cheers   David  Knight

Toolangi 31.1.2015 02 Feb 2015 10:42 #7798

• B stroke
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Craig for a great ride with a good bunch of blokes. Looking forward to the next one.
nick

Toolangi 31.1.2015 02 Feb 2015 11:01 #7799

• Btoan
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks Craig for putting on the ride, the mix of tracks that I had done where a great all except that steep skinny section where I had a relationship with a tree stump and the dirt all around it. I thought it was better for everyone when I pulled out as I did not want to spoil there day. As for the bike when I got back to the car it started first push of the button, when I got home it started 2nd push of the button, also started straight away on Sunday morning when I was checking it out. I will just replace the battery as it is now over 2 years old and go over all the connects to make sure all are tight and clean.....Will be on the next one for sure if I allowed to come and play.....:)

Toolangi 31.1.2015 02 Feb 2015 19:38 #7818

• Evo
Btoan wrote:
Thanks Craig for putting on the ride, the mix of tracks that I had done where a great all except that steep skinny section where I had a relationship with a tree stump and the dirt all around it. I thought it was better for everyone when I pulled out as I did not want to spoil there day. As for the bike when I got back to the car it started first push of the button, when I got home it started 2nd push of the button, also started straight away on Sunday morning when I was checking it out. I will just replace the battery as it is now over 2 years old and go over all the connects to make sure all are tight and clean.....Will be on the next one for sure if I allowed to come and play.....:)

You may want to check valve clearances Bill, may explain the hard starting when the engine is hot!
Wade 

Toolangi 31.1.2015 02 Feb 2015 20:58 #7823

• Zeb Colic
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Btoan wrote:

Billy where's the aprillia ? 

Toolangi 31.1.2015 03 Feb 2015 13:11 #7838

• Btoan
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks Wade, will do.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds