Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Kinglake 22/11/14

Kinglake 22/11/14 02 Dec 2014 18:22 #6429

• seano
  • Platinum Boarder
  • liv'n the moty life
  • Thank you received: 30
The day started well with 8 of us flowing well on the warm up tracks , then we hit the harder stuff and at the end of the first , I found myself waiting waiting waiting. So  I back tracked to find the 4 mia 's , where enroute I found myself lying half submerged in a very deep rut full of stagnent stinky water ,yep ran out of legs, shhh don't tell anyone please, after rectifying myself I found Tristan with a chain derail, but where are the others, I mozy on down the track a little further to find Shane with a fouled spark plug. After 10 mins or so we're good to go , Tristan got his chain back on so we're off again.

Heading up a steep hill with lotsa ruts and into some very overgrown stuff where a stray stick found its way between my googles and helmut and gave me a very fat lip. Soldier on round and round through the tight stuff , we're all flowing well , back out and down the rutted hill and have a re group to make sure all is well. Where upon Shane finds his banjo to his brake line pissing out fluid (must of hit the deck I reckon) anyways that was the end of poor old Shane,o's day .

After we sent Shane down the road back to the cars we headed for some more of Seano's special tracks and after a few more, we came to challenge hill ,so we stopped for a while to amuse ourselves and watch Mick and Jayse attempt the mean mother f@#er to no avail , and then it happened , Mick powered up the berg 501 and hit this mother flat stick bouncing from side to side ,flying in the air over big ass tree roots to get the furtherest I've ever seen anyone get , well done Mick good effort mate.

Ok so were off again to the next hill climb, that is very loose dust and hard to get the traction down with the front wheel wanting to lift all the way up. We get to the top with a few of us having 2 go's , but wait ones missing , wheres Jayse . I went back down for a look see and couldn't find him (went over the handle bars on the way down, You know how it is on these steep decents)but  no Jayse ,ok maybe he went around on the dirt road . Around I go and get to the top and still no Jayse , but wait , there's the sound of a 2 banger I,ll pop down and have another gander , shit he's coming up and needs the line I,m on Ill just get out of the way (yep you guessed it over the bars I go again ). Well he still didn't get up anyways so around the road we go.

We headed off to do some more of seano's special tracks , some of which by the way their overgrown Im sure only I know they're  there , but by now the temps getting up there and with the few delays here and there that we've had along the way , its now getting on in time and its getting hot.
Ok 2 more tracks and were really hot and hungry so I decide to by pass a handful of tracks and head straight for the hazledene store .  By the time we got there ,refuelled the bike and the belly's and then we headed back up the hill into another fast paced small trail which goes forever ,I stopped at the end to find we were all suffering fatigue , tiredness and overheating , so a vote of , we're all ready to call it a day was had by all and we hightailed it down the main dirt road for about 5/6 ks back to the cars by 3:30 and 90 ks on the clock.

Big Thankyou to the guys for attending my ride , the company was grouse and a Really Big Thankyou to Mark for your TAILMAN duties All day        Hope to see ya all on the next one
Ta Seano
I just wanna ride me moty B)
Last Edit: 02 Dec 2014 21:09 by seano.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kinglake 22/11/14 02 Dec 2014 18:34 #6430

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
You make it sound like it was all good fun.

Thanks Knuckle-head.

Hope your lip recovers soon, so Tammy doesn't feel like she's being kissed by a camel!
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

Kinglake 22/11/14 02 Dec 2014 18:39 #6431

• seano
  • Platinum Boarder
  • liv'n the moty life
  • Thank you received: 30
Serge C wrote:
You make it sound like it was all good fun.

Thanks Knuckle-head.

Hope your lip recovers soon, so Tammy doesn't feel like she's being kissed by a camel!
It was  :D

no worries  ;)

thank you ,  I think   :down:
I just wanna ride me moty B)

Kinglake 22/11/14 02 Dec 2014 21:18 #6448

• craig525
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
:):) :):) :):)  :):)    :):):):) :)     
current ride 2012 ktm300exc gone but not forgotten heaps of orange
Last Edit: 02 Dec 2014 21:18 by craig525.

Kinglake 22/11/14 03 Dec 2014 08:52 #6467

• markjudkins
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Thanks Seano for putting on another great day. It was a lot of fun. Apart from a few minor mechanical issues everything went well.
it was getting pretty warm towards the end of the day and i think we pulled the pin at just the right time.

BTW I picked up a $145 fine on the way home for not displaying a number plate on my trailer. I had written the number on tape at the back of the trailer but it had worn away over time. I never thought the police would bother with my little fold up trailer but there's a warning to everyone, you must display a number.    

Kinglake 22/11/14 22 Dec 2014 22:28 #6824

• twisti3s
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Any trailer towing a vehicle according to the rules has to be registred. If your blocking your view of your car number plate you have to be registred also. Lucky the cop did not do you for blocking the view of your number plate is 3 points and $300 ish.
Beta 300RR MY15 - Serviced and race-prepped by Moto Melbourne

Kinglake 22/11/14 22 Dec 2014 22:40 #6825

• twisti3s
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Thank you everyone for an awesome ride looking forward to the next one :D
Beta 300RR MY15 - Serviced and race-prepped by Moto Melbourne
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds