Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here
  • Page:

TOPIC: 9 Boys, 9 bikes and a goat called Sharon

9 Boys, 9 bikes and a goat called Sharon 28 Sep 2014 22:29 #5306

• boots
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Pete's Strathbogie ride started Friday with 8 of us arriving at various stages of the afternoon and evening at the Midland Holiday park Lima Sth. With a good fire and a couple of drinks, the local goat thought it would be fun to join the festivities and took a very keen fancy to Ken and Paulys private bits. Donna the park manager came to the rescue and removed the over sexed goat but not before Lefty took some happy snaps, hopefully posted up later. Dinner was had, a few more drinks around the fire, DK arrived and everyone took off to bed. Sat morning arrived with the weather looking grouse, fully cooked breakfast on the deck, Dave arrived, we all geared up and Pete lead us off into the Strathbogies for a top day of open and mixed trails. Lefty took up watch at the rear whilst we all took in what the Strathbogies has to offer. Towards the end of the day, Al and Dave did some optional sightseeing, meeting us back at the ranch for some late footy highlights, dinner and social banter. Sunday, another cracker day, big breaky on the deck, said goodbye to Dave, then 8 of us headed off accros the road into the Mt Samaria state park for a look around, then back accros the road onto lighting ridge to finish the day off. All in all a top weekend put together by Pete so that we had a chance to catch up with Pauly on one of his infrequent visits to Melbourne. Lefty took charge of the rear all weekend to look after Ken, Al, Dave, DK, Pauly, Serge and myself. I must mention that the Midland Holiday Park took very good care of us by providing accommodation and cooking and preparing breakfast lunch and tea all for around $160.00
If this ride comes up again, get onto it!!
On ya bike....!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

9 Boys, 9 bikes and a goat called Sharon 29 Sep 2014 07:17 #5307

• Denis
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Thanks pete for organizing a great weekend and all the riders that helped make it a top weekend and to constable big mac for tailman duties   cheers  Denis

9 Boys, 9 bikes and a goat called Sharon 29 Sep 2014 08:18 #5308

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
Cheers Pete for oranging the weekend.
And thanks to Pauly for coming down to visit, was great to catch up and ride with you again. Thanks to all that attended the weekend as the group laughed and rode well together. Mine and Dave's sight seeing was great fun, up until it looked like we'd be spending the night in the bush. (Will be going back to complete that track if anyone interested?)
Lefty did an awesome job as always, and didn't want to give up his tail man role even when asked.
And once again radios played a great role and worked a treat through out the weekend, for both safety and fun.
Cheers Pete and all involved, I had a ball !!!!!!!!!!
Al 

9 Boys, 9 bikes and a goat called Sharon 29 Sep 2014 10:25 #5310

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Great weekend, weather, food, bed, bikes, riders and Sharon the horny goat. Friday nights meal was delivered and enjoyed with a shared bottle of red. Then it was out under the stars around the fire for some relaxation with Sharon locked away securely in her padded paddock.
Saturdays ride was grouse with some remembered tracks from the 2007 HCR and one long narrow track at the end of the day that got me feeling so tired I had a couple of rest breaks. Thanks for picking me up Serge, Boots and Lefty.
Sundays ride was more cruisey out on the other side of the Midland Hwy for a while.
All up a very enjoyable weekend thanks Pete and well done Pualy for coming down to visit and thus providing the incentive.
Special thanks to Denis for providing an answer to what to eat with my coffee in Yea, I found the bread roll you stuffed down on top of the headlight while checking the tie downs, your just so thought full. :D
PS. For coffee stops in Yea - check out the RED PLATE cafe, a bike and car nutter's creation well worth a visit, chocker's full of photos, memorabilia and vinduros etc. 
It's just more time to be flat out!
Last Edit: 29 Sep 2014 17:17 by Ken R.

9 Boys, 9 bikes and a goat called Sharon 29 Sep 2014 15:48 #5315

• Peter R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
First of all, "Pauly" This Bloke is a Legend,  he Comes down to ride with our AMTRA group 2 or 3 Times a Year, we need to get a NSW ride organised and get our Fat Ass's up to his Riding Area sooner than Later !!!

I arrived with Pauly Friday Arvo and was Greeted by Ken, Rossco and Lefty " Donut Man"  Unpacked our Gear in the Tah Mahal and into the Relax and Can time. There's a Goat named Sharon that Thinks She's a Dog and Took a Liking To Ken like you wouldn't believe and also Had a Nibble on Pauly's Knob hahahah ' You had to be there to See it" We were all Pissing ourselves  Laughing.
With a Ripper Fire Burning and Beers, a Bottle or Two of Red and some Fireball 33% Grog we had a Great Night, Denis arrived Late, but we all had enough and went to Bed.
Saturday Morning 8.00am was Breakfast Time, and all the Food was Laid out, Snags, Scrambled Eggs, Hash Brown and More,  All of us Couldn't Believe the Caravan Park Owners had gone to so Much Trouble for a Pack of Bum Dirt Bike Riders, they even made Ham n Cheese Rolls and freshly Cooked Muffins for us to Take for Lunch.

We rode out of the Caravan Park onto the Midland Hwy for about 500 Mtrs and Turned Left onto the Dirt and Headed for Lightning Ridge Trk, i Managed to see a Small Track on the Right, which Big Al uses for his Rides, AWSOME Track and then  just Went Down Every Track i Could Find , as Usual i Just Winged It as we went along , we got back to the Park around 3.00 I Think. Al n Dave did a Bit of Exploring in the Granit Rocks and got back a Few Hrs Later.

Dinner was Delivered to Us about 7 " Chicken Parma Chips n Salad , we ate, got a Few Drinks into us and went to Bed.

Sunday Breaky was as good as Saturdays and again stocked with Rolls n Muffins we took a Sight Seeing Trip and Found some Good Tracks to the East of the Midland HWY then crossed the Hwy and Back Home Via Lightning Ridge Track.

I cannot stress how Good the Accommodation, Food and Hospitality was, I'm Going to make this Happen Again, it was So Easy.
All you Need is Grog n Nibbles the Rest is Taken Care of for a Price of $156.00

Thanks To Pualy for Making the Effort to Come Down.
Lefty ' Donut man" for Tail Duties
Sergio for the Tall Tails.
Al n Dave for the odd help with Map Directions
Ken & Sharon for the Bloke n Goat Entertainment
Rossco for the7.00am Morning Stroll up to the MX Track
Denis for the vast Knowledge of Everything, and the Lift Home.

Stay Here, you won't be Disappointed       http://www.midlandholidaypark.com.au/
Last Edit: 29 Sep 2014 17:24 by Peter R.

9 Boys, 9 bikes and a goat called Sharon 29 Sep 2014 17:05 #5317

• lefty
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
Ditto to all the above. Can't praise the hospitality of Donna and her husband at the Holiday Park, nothing was a problem for them and the food/service was fantastic. The weekend ran very smoothly with approx 110ks on the Saturday and 85 on the Sunday. Great to see Pauly and thanks for the ride on your KTM500 6 days. Watta a bike. Although the pace was above me for some of the ride my highlight was the tight gnarly ST, and doing it both ways. Yes I have photos of the amorous Sharon the goat and I'll get some pics up soon, it was very funny. In relation to Team Blue being represented by Denis Kelly, pretty sure it would be called Team Pink if his grip wasn't so tight.
Cheers.

9 Boys, 9 bikes and a goat called Sharon 29 Sep 2014 20:25 #5321

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
Not much more to add.  great weekend, great bunch of guys.  No flats, no bike (or rider) issues, no hassles!

Some pics:

That's it, That's all I got.

Thanks Pete for a wild weeknd.
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

9 Boys, 9 bikes and a goat called Sharon 30 Sep 2014 10:02 #5328

• David Smith
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Thanks to all for another great weekend, it was good to get back on the bike again after 5 months.

Great place to stay with even better food and service !!!

Cheers Dave

9 Boys, 9 bikes and a goat called Sharon 30 Sep 2014 14:59 #5334

• Pauly
  • Junior Boarder
  • Legend
  • Thank you received: 3
I'm not really that fat........... am I?
Cheers
Pauly

9 Boys, 9 bikes and a goat called Sharon 30 Sep 2014 15:18 #5335

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Yes - but I've got a bigger licker.:D
It's just more time to be flat out!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds