Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Phil's Cruisy Marysville Ride 14/9/14

Phil's Cruisy Marysville Ride 14/9/14 21 Sep 2014 17:14 #5154

• Michael N
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
After the last few Marysville rides being wet a nice sunny day was a real bonus. Thirty riders listened to Phil's speel and we were off along the usual trails to the first regroup to check how the group progressed. so far so good and we made our way to the northern end of the triangle when word came through that we had an injured rider. We retraced our steps and got him back to the car park. During this return we had another injured rider one or the girls with a suspected broken foot.
We now had 25 riders and headed out the other way towards the Acheron Way. We did a nice "Narrow trail"and some faster stuff when we had another problem a bike with a flat rear. He didn't want to fix it so we dropped him back to the cars and headed into town for lunch. After lunch we headed along Mary Meadow track to the easy/hard split. I swept the hard track and found one of the guys struggling in a few spots. On the hardest up hill his Husky 125 spat him off into a bank. I went past and stopped at the top. I walked down to help and found his hand bleeding pretty badly. We bandaged it up and got his glove back on. He was pretty tired by now and asked if I could ride the bike up for him. I always take my helmet when i walk down a hill you never know and riding sure beats walking. After letting Tony rest for a while we made it to the rest of the group. We crossed the highway at Gypsey Lane and found the hill from last month. We all got up with ease and headed back the Triangle.
On the way back we found an optional hill which a few decended but no one came back up. Luckily it was only one left turn and they got back to the cars before we did.
We did about 100km and had a ball. Thanks to Phil for putting this ride on again and to Ian and Luke for tail duties
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Phil's Cruisy Marysville Ride 14/9/14 21 Sep 2014 18:02 #5160

• Phil Randall
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 50
All, 
          Merrin emailed me during the week to say that she had actually broken a bone in her foot.   No treatment required, just wait and let nature do what it does best.
          Good luck to the injured parties, hope all goes well, and we would like to see you in the future.
Phil R.

Phil's Cruisy Marysville Ride 14/9/14 21 Sep 2014 21:01 #5171

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
Phil Randall wrote:
All, 
          Merrin emailed me during the week to say that she had actually broken a bone in her foot.   No treatment required, just wait and let nature do what it does best.
          Good luck to the injured parties, hope all goes well, and we would like to see you in the future.
Phil R.

That's sad news, I know how it feels.  Broken foot bones, bummer.  Best luck for a speedy recovery Merrin.
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

Phil's Cruisy Marysville Ride 14/9/14 22 Sep 2014 09:25 #5174

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Thanks for the day out Phil and to Michael who led some sections and also the tail men for the day.

Good luck to all the injured riders, get well soon.

I still despair to see riders going around blind corners on the wrong side of the road. Please think about the possibility of a bike or a 4WD drive coming the other way, it does happen and they can hurt.
It's just more time to be flat out!
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds