TOPIC: Mt Dissapoinment for Sandra

Mt Dissapoinment for Sandra 07 Sep 2014 12:31 #4840

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Do they come in pink? - YES THEY DO!!
  • Thank you received: 20
Wow what a fantastic day that was!!

Peter Ross, thank you so much.

For Johnny and I the whole fantastic event began with a sleep over on Friday night at the Mason household to head from there in the morning to the ride to make it less driving on the morning for us, Thanks Al and Shaz for the warm hospitality...but I don't think they will ever be the same again after hearing me sing in the shower :shock:...oops forgot I wasn't at home :)

Up we got bright and early...with lots of chit chat and excitement as we headed off....

The weather gods were very very kind as we got to the meeting spot to a brisk but bright cheery morning...a bit of bantering and name calling  :angry:...yes you know you are ...and it was ride briefing time....John T and Serge were a bit naughty coz they were not paying attention and goofin around...but the rest of us were very keen to hear what our ride leader had to say...but golly he waffles on more than I do :shock:
...did I just say that out loud!!
So off we went for the morning loop and I was sort of like co - leader...I was with Pete pretty much all the way until lunch and that was a great experience because I haven't ever ridden out there before and I didn't want to hold up the pack...so I took off with Pete and had to have some pace to keep the ride flowing...normally if im in a new area I will just tick along at the back...but this was good as I had to just get up and go without my usual Bob style plod...so Thank you Peter Ross for that experience:)

The trails were awesome, really flowy and wide and not too much in the way of tricky, but just a couple of "oh really, I gotta ride that?" moments, but nothing out of level 1 capability. Thank you again :)

Lunch was back at the cars, where we had a great catch up on how everyone was going...oh and we had fairy cakes....refer to photos :)

For the afternoon, I backed off a bit, just to give Pete some space :)....and gave the others a chance to get on up the front...I was in the middle of the pack for a good bit so happy with that...we had a creek crossing...nothing major but enough to be a bit of a challenge, I got through it ok...but coming back was different as my poor little TTR drowned....however, she came back from this and started ...phew...was sure I had killed her!
So I got out of that, but i was feeling a little deflated as I had been going so well all day , it kicked my confidence down a notch or 2...but with a cuddle and some reassuring words from Johnny...off I went again....Al was with me then and made sure I was ok checking on me through the next couple of bogholes etc....before zipping off ahead....

Now for my next trick....a log over the track, ok, I shall go up around it as we head to the old gold mine shaft for a look see....im a bit off cambre as I go to come back down on the track...but Im too early, im heading straight into the log that I was trying to avoid....oh bugger..this is gonna hurt...I know , I will give it more throttle to get over it...oh no...a bit too much throttle and not enough control...down I went bike pinning my leg as me and my bike slide on my arse on the ground...ouch :(...my right arm and shoulder took most of the impact, so today the result is a bruised arm...and a very sore and stiff shoulder and upper arm...but Tony who very kindly came to my rescue along with Pete said I did very well and it was all rather spectacular.....Thanks again Tony for helping me :)

The rest of the afternoon saw a few challenges...but absoloutley fantastic fun and I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

I just love how we all laugh so much too...no one gets sooky (oh well I do :)) ...or whinges...we all just banter an laugh and enjoy  the perfect day and surroundings........good stuff!

Thank you to
Peter Ross, for leading the ride and letting me be in charge for the morning :)

Al Mason, for as usual, being there to help and support and for plucking me out of the water :)

Serge, for reminding me we were at the serious part of the ride as I shat myself coming down that last bit....but encouraging me and supporting me all the way :)..oh and for helping me over that log

John T for pulling my pigtails as he went past, I think this was designed to make me go faster :)

To all the girls, 5 of us, Me, Shaz, Anna, Jade and Deb....well done to all of us girls for getting out there an having a blast...lunching and shopping is not our idea of a weekend...and I damn glad for that :)

Freddo.....for just being there, you have been a riding buddy with me since day 1....always great to have you along :)

Of course to my hubby Johnny d.....always there to hep me, encourage me, not call me Sandy xx :)

To all who came and made the day what it was.....you are all  great bunch of people....and im so glad I have found you all...

I said to Peter Ross after the ride that I rate it as one of my top 5 days that I have ever had on the bike...he promised me a ride that I could handle and enjoy and he delivered...so THANK YOU...

Luv Bob :)

PS - I cant add photos , if I add from my computer they all come out sideways and if I try to do it through my phone I get an error saying files are too big :(

Attachments:
Do they come in pink? YES THEY DO!!
Last Edit: 07 Sep 2014 13:03 by sandra bob. Reason: pic
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter R

Mt Dissapoinment for Sandra 07 Sep 2014 19:47 #4847

• colinl
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
 yes thanks pete.
had a great day. great ride.surprised you remembered me though.nice bunch of people to ride with i might add.
the drz got a good work out in spots.
not sure if there was enough bog holes.could have done with a few more. not. lol.
did,nt get to wash the bike till this arvo. gez that mud sticks.

i must say i thought the ladies did a fantastic jop. 

see you on the next one,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Al

Mt Dissapoinment for Sandra 07 Sep 2014 20:10 #4848

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
Firstly.
Having Bob and Johnny stay over Friday night was a great way to get into the riding spirit.
5am Bob up making coffee and singing in the shower will take a while to un-burn out of my memory :D

Great ride Pete, and linking of trails. Also good selection of challenges here and there to keep everyone on their toes. Really enjoyed been able to float through the pack and only help out or rescue where needed. The girls and other newbies did a great job through out the day and everyone seem to have smiles and a sense of humour. Bob's drowning was fun to watch and even better on the big screen today:)
Father Ted's bog hole drowning was a laugh to, and even better on the big screen today.
Thanks to everyone who came and rode and made the day such a fun one.
Al

Ps. Shaz says thanks as well Peter. She had a great day as well and says thanks to those who helped her through the day, especially when she decided o throw the Yami into the trees after crossing the log. Yes that looked even better today on the big screen :)
She loved been out with the other girls and familiar faces that make the day.

Mt Dissapoinment for Sandra 07 Sep 2014 20:25 #4849

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
So when do we get to see a small version of this big screen footage?

It was a great day out, with brilliant weather.  I haven't ridden Dissa for quite a while, so it was interesting to see the area after the last round of fires.  The after lunch trails were more what I remember of the area, especially the run down 'Nylanders Track'(?), with good, steep, rutted and rocky tracks.  A few pucker moments for the un-initiated, I suspect!

Anyhoo, thanks for a good day out Pete and thanks to Trevor and Johnny for tail duties.
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

Mt Dissapoinment for Sandra 07 Sep 2014 20:34 #4850

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
Footage can be shown when we have a means to watch it at the meeting. Last 3 times I've brought stuff into the meeting has been a waste of time as nothing to show it on?
Al

Mt Dissapoinment for Sandra 07 Sep 2014 22:27 #4855

• Peter R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
colinl wrote:
 yes thanks pete.
had a great day. great ride.surprised you remembered me though.nice bunch of people to ride with i might add.
the drz got a good work out in spots.
not sure if there was enough bog holes.could have done with a few more. not. lol.
did,nt get to wash the bike till this arvo. gez that mud sticks.

i must say i thought the ladies did a fantastic jop. 

see you on the next one,
Hey Colin, I just searched through my Rider list from Days gone By, and you were riding with me in 2004  hahahah How time flies !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LukeDebJ

Mt Dissapoinment for Sandra 08 Sep 2014 10:23 #4867

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Great day out Pete, thanks.

A good mix of tracks that were definately not boring.

A good mix of people, M & F, lovely to see, and the girls wern't bad either. ;):D 

It must have been Sandra who I helped out of the water with Al, Bob didn't thank me. :(
It's just more time to be flat out!
Last Edit: 08 Sep 2014 10:24 by Ken R.

Mt Dissapoinment for Sandra 08 Sep 2014 11:57 #4869

• sandra bob
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Do they come in pink? - YES THEY DO!!
  • Thank you received: 20
Oh No Ken...Please please let me say sorry...I didn't realise you helped me too.....I was a bit shaken....im so sorry...Bob would always say sorry....Sandra, Sandy and Saundra are a pack of bitches....unlike THE BOB...

Im so sorry and thanks a bunch...xx

Forgiven ? :)
Do they come in pink? YES THEY DO!!

Mt Dissapoinment for Sandra 08 Sep 2014 15:36 #4875

• LukeDebJ
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
It was a fantastic day despite me not receiving the memo about an AMTRA baptism (x2 for me);). I was blessed even though my bike was not :).

Loved the mix of trails from morning to afternoon with many :shock: moments. The encouragement and advice from all made so much difference. I have learnt a lot.

Many thanks to all (sorry cannot remember all names) who patiently followed me and guided me through the tricky stuff.

Still smiling:)

Deb

Mt Dissapoinment for Sandra 08 Sep 2014 15:43 #4876

• colinl
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
thanks for making feel old pete. 2004 wow. 
all that time wasted on road bikes. doing track days, and not having as much fun as i am now.

thanks again.
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds