Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Blackwood Vinduro

Blackwood Vinduro 31 Aug 2014 18:02 #4624

• Peter R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
Darren arrived at my Joint at 6.00am with Pat, we Drove to Blackwood and took our Bikes through Scrutineering with out a Hitch.
Sergio and Wade rolled up  not long after.
We Took off about 9 ish and Headed for the Hills, as I approached the First Hill all I could see was Bikes laying and sliding Down without they're Riders "FUNNY " but as good AMTRA riders we blasted up the Hill without a Hitch.
The tracks were a bit wet but Nothing to Dangerous, but with a few Muddy Crossings some people would have struggled.
Pat, Darren & Wade got Lost a Few Times and Darren ended up at Trentham hahahaha.
The PE175 ran like Clock work, but it took me a while to get use to Keeping it on the Gas, as it's like a Light Switch 'Nothing / Everything".
Darren had a small off and Bent his Bars like a Banana so he and Serge only did one Lap.
Pat , Wade and I went out for a 2nd Loop, and as always the second loop is a blast with freshly laid Berms from the 50 odd riders.

Fantastic Days for a Ride, weather was spot on and I can't wait for the Next Vinduro at Cookardinia in NSW.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Blackwood Vinduro 31 Aug 2014 20:38 #4626

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
In true AMTRA fashion!   Bah humbug!

That first hill (I thought) was a bit tricky and I had trouble with it, so the rest of you b@stards left me there to fend for myself!  Luckily, Gentleman Geoff was also having trouble, so we helped each other and continued on the loop without seeing another rider.  The loop was a good mix of open rocky and downs, with a selection of single tracks thrown into the mix.

When Geoff and I got back to the park ferme, I asked him if he was keen to go around again.  He said yes, so we had some lunch and fueled up, but when I went to get Geoff, he'd decided he'd had enough and wasn't going out again.  So, given that it's not prudent to ride solo, I didn't go out either and got changed instead.  15 mins (and a beer) later, Petegot back from his second loop, keen to go out again but by this stage, I'd lost interest, so one loop was all I did.

Still, a great ride and good fun.  Looking forward to Cooka!
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister
Last Edit: 31 Aug 2014 20:38 by Serge C.

Blackwood Vinduro 01 Sep 2014 17:29 #4641

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
Team AMTRA (before the mutiny!

"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

Blackwood Vinduro 03 Sep 2014 13:32 #4724

• Evo
Yep sure was good fun, like 50km mx coarse if you followed Pete like I did.  Problem was I got held up by a slower rider near the end of the 1st lap and lost Pete's, my navigator from that point I keep missing the arrows and getting lost. Still I  had heaps of fun just keeping my IT200 in a straight line. After a bite to eat and retightening nearly all the spokes on my front wheel during the break the second lap was a very solitary affair for me with out seeing any other riders, only Pat who had stopped to do some carby cleaning.  Best fun I've had in ages and will return for next year event.
Wade
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds