Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Adv ride Churchill 12 Jan

Adv ride Churchill 12 Jan 16 Jan 2020 19:45 #31552

• Scott200
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 54
Was an early start for me ( 7.00am on the bike ) to meet up with 2 other riders over at the Caltex servo in Longwarry for a coffee then head down the highway to Yinnar South . My mate Colin on his F800gsa Beemer and our new mate Ewen on his big black beast from the Melbourne Africa twin owners club . We rolled into Adrian’s place bang on time and had a bit of a chinwag before the 4 of us headed out . Only a few k’s up the road and we were on the dirt and that’s the way it stayed for the next 220 odd k’s , a mix of gravel roads , dirt roads , dirt tracks and amazing views over the Latrobe Valley on one side and down to the ocean on the other side . So many back roads and tracks l can’t even begin to mention them but our first time lead rider Adrian had a plan and knows the area really well so we were in good hands . 
The morning route included a run to the top of Mt Tassie then we headed down to the Cafe at Balook for lunch and this is where my day turned bad . A few of you will be well aware I love a cappuccino and after ordering said beverage I was handed a Latte . Upon reminding them of my order I was given quite a grumpy look and as she turned to go back inside she changed her mind turned back toward me gave me an even grumpier look and proceeded to hand me that Latte with Colin over in the cheap seats telling me to drink what I’m given , with mates like this I had no hope so I drank the bloody latte didn’t I . 
Anyway after I composed myself we all headed off and ventured further south toward Devon North then turned right back into the forest for more of the same ( awesome dirt roads ) but around the middle of the arvo we rounded a bend only to be greeted by a large tree down over the road . After a quick consultation we had a plan , built a ramp out of tree branches on the up side and once the bikes were on top we could push them down the other side  . 
Adrian the gun went first and rode over but the rest of us walked our bikes up and over . Once all that fun was done we continued on our merry way and arrived back at Adrian’s place just after 4.00 pm . Big thanks to Adrian for putting on an awesome ride and we hope you can put on another one real soon . Regards Scott
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Adv ride Churchill 12 Jan 17 Jan 2020 06:26 #31556

• Chappa
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 39
Glad you had a good day Scott.
Adrian definitely knows how to put a good ride together he’s lead me on some rippa rides

Adv ride Churchill 12 Jan 17 Jan 2020 08:14 #31557

• Scott200
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 54
Hey Dave , you're right mate , rippa bloke , rippa ride , look forward to getting down that way again soon with Adrian. Hope we can get more Amtra Adventure riders to join us next time , we both know what they're missing :) . My day finished with 453 k's clocked up and the twin is nearly due for another service , lovin it :):)
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds