Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: ADV Ride to Jamieson 27/12/19

ADV Ride to Jamieson 27/12/19 28 Dec 2019 20:46 #31416

• Peter R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
9 Member & 1 Non Member rode from South Morang to Jamieson for lunch, it was BLOODY HOT in the Arvo getting up to 39 Deg.
No Flats or Break Downs

Here is a RELIEVE link where we Rode .
https://www.relive.cc/view/vNOPnEPrX2q

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: swatts

ADV Ride to Jamieson 27/12/19 30 Dec 2019 20:59 #31421

• Ian Robinson
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 119
Peters ride report was a bit .... so here is a better one.
10 riders turned up at the South Morang pub. 3 proper bikes (2 klr's and a dr) a few common Hondas, 1 Vstrom, and some BMW things.  Luckily Serge and Onion did not turn up with the really ugly BMW things.
We nicked off from the pub right  on time and rode on a combination of boring bitumen and really horrible dusty roads. We went here and there and ended up at Alex to wait for another rider who did not turn up.
Next we rode off and went towards Goughs Bay where the ride leader rode in circles a bit.
Rod W was complaining about being hungry so we then had to make a bee line to Jamieson for fuel and lunch.
It was cool in the pub and I would have been happy to stay for a while but some other person wanted to go. At this point I was considering nicking off on my own and going home through Woods Point. Pity I didnt as we went on a really windy bitumen road which quickly found the limits of my front knobby tyre. 
The others stopped at Thornton for more drinks but I had had enough by then and went off on my own to Marysville, Cumberland Junction and home via Warburton.
I have been on only 3 Peter Ross rides and every one has been around 40 degrees. Think I will choose better the next time I decide to ride with the club again.
A bit over 500 kms for the day.
Joined 1972. Life member since 1982
Last Edit: 31 Dec 2019 09:48 by Ian Robinson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rod

ADV Ride to Jamieson 27/12/19 31 Dec 2019 09:11 #31422

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
Well,  it's gotta be better than working!

And the reason I didn't come, was because I heard there was gonna be TWO KLRs on the ride and no one  deserves to cope with that much ugliness!
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

ADV Ride to Jamieson 27/12/19 31 Dec 2019 14:27 #31423

• Rod
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 34
Thanks Pete, good ride. and yes it was hot , dry and dusty but that’s all part of it I guess. Second time out on the GS Giant so still learning and honing on my bike skills on the BM. I love the variety of terrains and conditions. Seeing how far you can go with the bike. The windy road from Jamo was great for cornering practice.   By the end I felt confident with the bike handling. Great bunch of blokes some of whom I haven’t ridden with for years . Came home hot and dusty I would think Pete came home hot and clean
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds