Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Daylesford Ride Day 7/12/19

Daylesford Ride Day 7/12/19 09 Dec 2019 07:37 #31326

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
Daylesford Ride Day 7/12/19

John had sorted perfect weather for the day, and between himself and the Blackwell's had most of the property set up by the time i arrived. After a few small bits finished off it was time to sign in and try and gear up. Seemed a steady stream of arrivals and wasn't to long before we had people on bikes and starting make plans for whom is doing what?

The day got going with loops and advice, followed by both bike maintenance and repairs. I lead some loops and John got some new riders going. The day flowed on like this with plenty of advice given and bikes sorted, with a quick stop for lunch at some point. Got to go out for a quick blast with Kenny late in the arvo to revitalise the mind.

Had another great day, and was great to see some new members and kids of old members for the day. Seem to be nothing but smiles and something for everyone that attended on the day. Bring on next year and we can do it all again!!
Thanks JT for the use of the property and making the days happen, and to all that came, helped, rode and enjoyed bikes for the day.
Al 
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John T

Daylesford Ride Day 7/12/19 10 Dec 2019 20:07 #31332

• John T
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Brumm Brumm
  • Thank you received: 42
Thanks Al for the ride report you beat me to it 
Good to see some new faces
16  for the day  so not a bad turn out.

See if we can do better in feb 2020

Have plans for a new play ground  
as i need to move 40 odd meter of dirt and what else do  you do with dirt 
Last Edit: 10 Dec 2019 20:15 by John T.

Daylesford Ride Day 7/12/19 10 Dec 2019 20:42 #31333

• KennyB
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Another cracking day at Daylesford, thanks John and family as always, Thanks also to Al and Darren for leads/tails throughout the day.

Looking forward to seeing what you have planned John

Daylesford Ride Day 7/12/19 12 Dec 2019 21:32 #31349

• matfor
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
What a great day..As new members we weren’t sure what to expect having never met anyone before.

We received a very warm welcome and help from adults and kids alike unloading the bikes and helping us set up.  

New to the sport the advice on set up, track orientation and everything else was more than welcome and the time everybody gave us was very much appreciated..

The skills in bike repairs that were required throughout the day as we broke stuff  were truly bush mechanic style from guys with  the knowledge who know how to keep things going on the day.

The observation on riding style of my boys and encouragement were great and very well received.  

A big thanks to John for opening up his place and his hospitality, to everybody else thanks for making us feel so welcome, for sharing your stories, advice and skills and for making us feel so welcome.  We all had a great day and myself and kids can’t wait to come back in the new year.

Happy Christmas to everyone.

Matt, Harry and JJ
The following user(s) said Thank You: Al

Daylesford Ride Day 7/12/19 13 Dec 2019 11:25 #31350

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Club AMTRA at it's best.

Thanks for the feed back.
It's just more time to be flat out!
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds