Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Snowy 3.0

Snowy 3.0 04 Dec 2019 22:10 #31291

• Dirtpilot
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 36
Day 1

Left home late due to work around 6pm to head up to Ensay.  It was warm until I got to Neerim, where I stopped to button up the riding gear. Soon got dark around Moe, had a quick dinner at Sale. At Bruthen turned north to Ensay. Smoke was everywhere and soon rode past trees on fire on the side of the road. Finally got to the pub at Ensay around 12.

Next morning the crew of 5 assembled and rode north toward Omeo. The smoke haze was heavy through out the valley. At Omeo some refuelled, then we hit the dirt on a link road to Benambra. On the other side of Benambra we hit the dirt again towards Corryong. Fuel up and lunch at Corryong, then we rode north through the Snowy mountains toward Canberra. Some great tar roads and tracks were ridden, eventually we ended up refuelling and riding through the centre of Canberra. It was getting late and we needed to get to the over night stop before the kitchen closed. In the distance a huge bushfire was burning, sending huge plumes of smoke into the evening sky. Finally we arrived at Captains Flat. It was a huge day and the weather had been warm with temps around 30 degrees. The pub was decent except the meals were terrible.

Day 2.

It was humid and warm when we left Captains Flat, with smoke haze everywhere. Just outside town we hit the dirt south heading towards Jingera and Jerangle. These dirt roads were made for adventure bikes. I clipped a kangaroo just before Numerella. After some more awesome dirt roads we made it to Nimmitabel for morning tea. 

After a short ride down the Monaro hwy we turned off to Bemboke where it started raining a little bit. Soon we hit Candelo and back into the dirt over the mountain range. The temperature dropped and soon I had the hand heaters on. Lunch and re fuel was in Bombala. Back out to Cathcart and then down Big jacks mountain road to Towamba. This road is a great adventure bike road, following the river down to Towamba. By now the weather turned even colder and rain was threatening. Some more dirt roads and an over grown track that tested the big bikes, then back onto the tar down Imlay road. With the day getting on we quickly headed through the pine plantations on the Vi/NSW border to our overnight stop at Delegate. The food was great at the pub. Another big day.

Day3

It was cold in Delegate in the morning, around 2 degrees. We headed south out of town towards the Vic/ NSW border to Bendoc. The area is mainly pine plantations. Eventully we left the dry farmlands and pine plantations into the rainforest mountain ranges. Prime adventure riding country. After a couple of hours we hit narrow tar roads and into Club Terrace and hitting the Prnces hwy between Cann River and Orbost. Bit of rain into Orbost and a re fuel. Lunch in Bruthen.

After lunch we rode through Bairnsdale, then some back roads along the train tracks through Fernbank to Munroe , then to Strattford. Maffra, Heyfield then back onto the dirt on the Conwarr road. Rawson, then South Face road. The sky was getting very dark and some rain started on the way to Noojee. We said our goodbyes here. Another hour of riding through the rain, got home at 6pm. 2000km for the weekend. Another great weekend on the big bikes. Thanks to Colin, Wade, Andy and Oscar for the company.
Last Edit: 08 Dec 2019 21:20 by Dirtpilot.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds