Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Easy Adventure ride West Gippsland 5/11/19

Easy Adventure ride West Gippsland 5/11/19 06 Nov 2019 09:07 #31116

• Willbar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
What a way to spend Melbourne cup day, Ted and I arrived at the servo just on nine to find 5 bikes parked and before long they started arriving in singles and pairs and before long their was 15 happy faces setting off into the sunshine. Within 10 mins we where on an Adventure with Scottie having no idea what track we where on but we did not care, I was a bit sus at the back as it was getting more like a level 2 trail ride, a quick U bolt and on we went eventually finding our way to our 1st stop, their was a few giggles going on but Scottie was feeling the love but most of all their was 15 blokes talking bikes and laughing. 
Bruce asked if anyone was having trouble with their tyres which everyone agreed it was just him :), not long and we where off once again on the right track but not for long it seams as we did not exit the bush onto the Yarra Junction Noojee Rd where he thought we would, not to worry if we turn left and then in 20 yards turn right we should be right, what could go wrong everyone was thinking after all we are heading to the Toolshed in Noojee for lunch, we where riding and riding and we stopped for a regroup and someone asked how long before lunch, about an hour I heard Scottie say, so we rode on and on we eventually arrived at Big Pats Creek and a few where probably thinking what I was thinking, mmm this is no where near the Tool Shed, lots more stirring and after a few more laughs, we decided we should head into Warburton so some can top up with Fuel and before not too long we where eating lunch at the Reefton.
The joint was full, the new owners seam like a good bunch of people, the beer was cold and the lunch was good.
After lunch we lost 2 who decided they where close to home so we headed east from the pub to find one trail that apparently looked to steep going up so they all turned around and took the track nest to it that went down a steep hill but not for long as it was blocked by a big tree branch so a slow ubolt and back to the highway and west we went for around 5klms where we hooked a lefty and rode all the way to Noojee for our final regroup hugs and kisses, 2 went towards Fumina, 3 towards Yarra Junction and the rest of us back to Longwarry via Jindivick, as Ted and I pulled into my place in Drouin around 5ish with 253klms on the odometer.
It was a great day getting lost on Scottie's Adventure, we had sunshine and even some warmth with it, we had dust, rocks, stones, Mud, clay, puddles, but most of all lots of fun. Thanks Scottie, for another Great Day on the bikes
It is only when a mosquito lands on your balls that you realise there is always a way to solve problems without using violence
Last Edit: 06 Nov 2019 09:11 by Willbar.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Easy Adventure ride West Gippsland 5/11/19 06 Nov 2019 09:29 #31117

• Grandpa
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Thanks Scotty for a great day out. Also Wilbur for tailmaning.  Must admit that when I saw the Big Pat's Creek sign, I thought wtf ??????   I must be going deaf..............I was certain that Scotty said lunch at Noojee !!  Not to worry ,  the burger at Reefton Pub was a beauty.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds