Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Fumina clubman 3rd August

Fumina clubman 3rd August 04 Aug 2019 10:14 #30434

• Timmers
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2019 HCR Coordinator
  • Thank you received: 48
5 turned up for Als fumina ride we geared up quickly and were on  the bikes in no time!
50m up the first track als bike cut out with a electrical gremlin, Kenny pulled some plugs and resistors and she managed to stay running so we were off once again.

Al led the ride at a good pace everyone got into the grove and the corner man system was on fire! Jason has a problem with his gear leaver which Kenny patched up good. 

The tracks were slippery then grippy then boggy and grippy it was really good to be out riding through this stuff. 

A challenging hill caught a few out but a quick re run and they were up no worries, it’s amazing we’re this trails take you one minute your up on a ridge and the next minute your in a soggy gully jumping over slippery logs.

The pace got quicker and al did some leading from the mid pack as he let a few go ahead Al really knows his way around and the ride flowed so so well, there were no stops or breaks all the way to lunch at the 65km mark.
we had a quick lunch at the watch tower and got back into it.

The pace turned super quick! the fantastic 5 were darting  around fumina like angry wasps and before we knew it we popped out at the cars with 97kms on the clock at 1:45pm 

Thanks al for a ripper ride! It’s well worth the drive. 
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fumina clubman 3rd August 04 Aug 2019 12:34 #30440

• Al
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 119
Thanks Timmer's for the repot.

There was a bit of swearing and an angry phone call to the bike shop very early in the ride. Thanks Kenny for the help and a bike that was faultless for the rest of the day, apart from throwing it's rider off. The day went close to plan, ride leader let some faster riders through as his body was complaining. Had a great day, even though a few kilometers short due to a soft ride leader.
Thanks to all that attended and made the day fun to lead. And as Timmer's side that was a dam quick ride around there.
Al

Fumina clubman 3rd August 04 Aug 2019 15:20 #30441

• KennyB
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Thanks Al for the great day out, was nice to finally finish the loop, 3rd time lucky I guess.

Fumina clubman 3rd August 04 Aug 2019 19:51 #30443

• jco1
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Thanks for a fantastic, fast pace and challenging ride Al... at least it was for me! Rest assured I slept well last night!  The terrain was sensational  and what about that save of mine? Timmers said he saw one sneaky wet tree root send me into one of the wildest tank slaps he’d seen for some time!? Special mention to Kenny for being my mobile mechanic... more than once! Thanks mate. 

Again, thanks for a great ride Al.

Cheers, Jase 
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds