Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Annual Strathbogies Ride 2019

Annual Strathbogies Ride 2019 24 Feb 2019 21:57 #29210

• andianjul
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
AMTRA Strathbogie ride 2019Just three blokes turned up for my annual last weekend in February Strathbogie ride this year. They were new club members Andrew (KTM525) and Danny (KTM ?2T), and Colin (KTM 250 Freeride 2T). I rode my Sherco SEFR450. I gave them the usual ride briefing and I clearly explained the cornerman system. Colin volunteered to go tailman, and we were off. Our first stop was at the spot my brother broke his back on last year’s Strathbogies ride. I asked them to take it easy on the way back today. We visited Golden Mount lookout, Hell’s Hole, and generally had a blast on mostly open tracks. There were a few challenges, and a couple of the tracks were a bit overgrown. One rider ran out of fuel at ~68km, and the litre-and-a-half that Colin gave him did not get him back to the cars. As a result, Colin and I went and got his fuel and brought it back to him. The same rider had a bit of an off, and a resulting sore shoulder. Apart from that, it was an incident-free ride. Thanks Oxy (Andrew), Danny, and Colin for coming. Andrew Tyler(Ride leader)
‘16 Sherco SEFR450, ‘98 Yamaha WR200
"You're the dumbest smart person I know"
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oxy

Annual Strathbogies Ride 2019 25 Feb 2019 10:25 #29213

• colinp
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Thanks Andrew for putting on a great ride.

Following last years problems, Andrew spent sometime prior to the ride going through the importance of riding safely. This was a valuable reminder given the dust and the size of some of the erosion mounds we encountered throughout the day.

The ride flowed really well. Given the dry conditions we spaced out the group out to give each other some  clear air. Other than river crossings we encountered a bit of everything, plenty of up and downs and the odd challenge thrown in.

Thanks again to Andrew for organising the ride and to Andrew and Dan for making it an enjoyable day.

Cheers Colin 

Annual Strathbogies Ride 2019 25 Feb 2019 20:16 #29219

• Danny Vella
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks to you to all you guy putting up with me for my very first outing. it was a great day

Annual Strathbogies Ride 2019 01 Mar 2019 14:29 #29237

• andianjul
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
Danny Vella wrote:
thanks to you to all you guy putting up with me for my very first outing. it was a great day
Mate, you're welcome. Glad to have you along. Hope your shoulder is okay. I remember my very first AMTRA ride; I was a total numpty on a TS185, wearing Blundstone boots, a lumberjacket, jeans, and road-bike gloves. I've improved in the bike department, the gear department,  and the riding department since then.  You didn't disgrace yourself, but you may find the monthly Marysville ride better suited to your ability at present. But wherever you ride, rest assured that riding regularly will drastically improve your confidence and your skills. (Your first brick wall was probably not as neat and straight as what you can do today, after many years of practice!) One of the best things I've learnt over the years is that it's usually not the bike. It took me a while to realise my bike could go places that in my head I believed it couldn't... if someone else was riding the bike!
By the way, how did you go with your carby issues? Getting less than 10km/litre seems like fairly poor fuel economy.
I'm going to see if I can free up space in my calendar to stage another ride in the Bogies in the near future, with a few less challenges and a few more open trails, and you're welcome to join us.
All the best, and thanks again for coming and for commenting.
-Andrew
‘16 Sherco SEFR450, ‘98 Yamaha WR200
"You're the dumbest smart person I know"

Annual Strathbogies Ride 2019 03 Mar 2019 22:40 #29246

• Oxy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Sorry for the late response. Had a great ride on my first official AMTRA ride. Been a while since I have been on the bike. 

Thanks Andrew. Had a ball. Some nice flowing tracks. There was still plenty of fuel but have fitted the safari tank anyway. Would be keen to do another ride and have replaced front sprocket. Lol 

Hope your shoulder is ok Danny and thanks Col for riding tail end. 
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds