Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Ride Report - Marysville 9/2/2019

Ride Report - Marysville 9/2/2019 11 Feb 2019 14:54 #29062

• lefty
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
Wow, been off the bike for a few months but getting an itchy wrist put my name down for this long established and cruisey ride.
17 in total arrived at the RV point and rearing to go. Some old faces and some new ones we all listened intently as Mark gave his "heads up " talk. "Weathers looking great boys !" We were off to Granton Rd then over into Fernshaw and over the Hwy into Manby Road. From here we took Rouch Rd and headed up the hill.
This is where things got interesting, while Jane told us the night before there maybe light showers and 1-2 mil she got it wrong (god love her). 3/4 of the way up it started to drizzle a little which turned the grippy red clay into an lce skating rink. By the time we got to the top it was pi55ing down and blokes were ducking for cover under the huge gums.  "50 bucks for your jacket, Phil yelled out !" Not only was it torrential, it was cool to boot.
We pressed on for another 5 k's and at the regroup it was decided to head back as there was no sign of the rain easing.
No only didn't it  ease it increased in intensity making it difficult to see doing 30 Kmph. 
Back at the cars every body was as wet as a shag. My boots were full of water even though no rivers were crossed.
With on 60 k's on the clock we packed up and left around 12.15.
Three main things come to mind about the day.
1. The bloke on the Yammy with the road tyres - great job.
2. The bloke shivering back at the cars, hang around with me and I'll fatten you up.
3. Ted, good on you for coming along and having a crack. No complaints, just getting the job done.

Thanks all who came along and made the day and thanks to Mark for keeping up the tradition of this ride.
Well done men.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flipper, Tony H, shercophil, Stuart
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds