Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: 3 Bridges Ride

3 Bridges Ride 21 Jan 2019 08:24 #28848

• markjudkins
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Seven of us set of from Three Bridges at about 8:30. Nice temperature, no dust, not slippery, perfect riding conditions.
Pretty much straight off we headed up a tight technical rocky trail, then followed by a bit of dirt road with some tricky corners.
I was following Jeff D when he overshot a corner and had to drop the old XR. Fortunately no damage to him or bike.
Apparently Jason following behind, lost it as well on this same corner.

Then we left the main road and did some fast flowing tracks followed by steep downhills, uphills and wound around a bit to arrive at Reefton Pub
at about 12:00 with 75km on the clock. When we did much the same ride 2 or 3 months ago, being a lot wetter, it had taken probably an hour and a half longer.

Parma and pot under our belts, we were just preparing to head off when the Adventure bikers, Will, Scott, followed shortly after by Mark C arrived.
Chatted to them for half an hour, then apologizing for not being on time at the Pub (we were much earlier than originally thought) we set off.

We took a more direct route back towards Three Bridges. At some point Jeff G noticed an interesting track and decision was made to do some exploring as it was still early and although it was much dustier and warmer now than the morning, we were all having a such good time we didn't want to stop. There was an old airstrip somewhere in the trees we set off to find. The airstrip is no longer, it's now just trees.
Jason and I ran out of fuel at the 150km and 153km respectively. Fortunately we had SuperTanker KTM Phil with us who gave us some fuel.
We were back at the cars just after 5pm with around 158km on the clock.

Awesome day, thanks Jeff for putting on a great ride.
Thanks also to KTM Phil for doing morning tailman duties and new Phil (New Amtra member) for putting his hand up to do the afternoon tailman stint and everyone for a great day on the bikes.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

3 Bridges Ride 21 Jan 2019 20:51 #28855

• Jeff Grogan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 100
Thanks Mark  fro the write up
Cheers to the 2 Phils who were tail man 

It didnt get as wet as id hoped but just glad we had some sections damp with less dust,
and 24 degs kept us cool enough , could have had level one on this ride i suppose now

picys below after lunch , (only have video from the am) , posted on face book ( search me up if you want to see them)

Parmas all round

Mark Cs KTM on the left , lots of "wild Hogs " stopped by , lots of trade should keep the pub open

THis is Phil, Phil signed up after Moto Expo, be like phil

T
THis is our other Phil, his bike kept boiling , letting it cool down at this bog hole , real stench to it when i rode through parts of it

Here you will see a koala just down from the trees 

not sure why the picys are half size this time , but this is it 
so good day, got lost, bikes ran out of fuel , couple of tweaked ankles and squashed fingers but nothing serious
Cheers

3 Bridges Ride 22 Jan 2019 07:22 #28862

• Jason375
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Thanks for organizing another great ride Jeff, we always have a fun day. We racked up some big k's for the day, and was interesting to see the fuel range of the Husky, 150ks. We went hard on some of the more open tracks and I feel like I went a few rounds with Mike Tyson. The corner that Jeff had a tumble nearly got me, the bike locked up for about 20 metres and the bike pulled up about a metre from the edge. The huskies could do with bloody ABS i recon.  A top group of blokes attended and I'm looking forward to the next.
"I'D RATHER BE RIDING"

3 Bridges Ride 22 Jan 2019 09:10 #28864

• shercophil
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Thanks to Jeff for organising the ride , and thanks to the other blokes for great company , the tracks were terrific and the rest stops were just as much fun.If Saturday was anything to go by i dont think we need to worry about the Reefton pub closing down again anytime soon.A big welcome to new member Phil and thanks for taking over as tailman in the arvo.
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds