Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your ride reports here

TOPIC: Big River / stockmans Sept 15+ 16 Report

Big River / stockmans Sept 15+ 16 Report 17 Sep 2018 18:19 #27538

• Jeff Grogan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 100
So the forecast was looking grey but fully committed.........
I arrived at big river early Saturday ,  another big group was at my "easy to find" location , they looked like the cast of "Deliverance" crossed with a tattoo parlour  with 2 shitbox harley choppers, so i set up in the next camp opening which proved hard to find on Sunday.
Next time i host i will have large A on A4 paper or similar nailed up.

So the weather blew in saturday lunchtime , wet cold and showery. After a few sunny breaks , Mark B and I went off for a pre ride for Sundays crew. After a couple of fast flowing tracks we went exploding a track which got tighter and narrower for about 4ks until we crossed the creek and went straight up a rock, rutted and #@%y hill, after a few goes at 3/4 up we gave up , and cruised back down the narrow sections and back onto open trails.
THe showers were persisting and as we got higher up we rode into snow , by then it was after 5 and we'd taken a track by mistake and ended up about 5Ks up higher in snow bout 50mm , cold and wet and running out of daytime we doubled back, got on the right track and went flat out down to the main road , and about 10ks back to camp, just on dark.
Bout 90Ks for the day 

Sunday , after the 3 riders found me , we set off ,( no rain), bit of slippery dip and 3 tracks later , we were back in the snow. 
few photos and off again when Lefty stopped and found his sump pick up bolt had come loose and gone .
So we pushed , towed and rolled back down to the road while Steve went for the car .
After loading up the Husky, Snowfox and Ol' Sump plug were both off home.
Nigel and I Decided to go for it and did a loop around stockmans , tried an old enduro track where i managed to get the Drz into rocket launch position, balancing on back wheel and number plate holder. (we decided to stay on the open tracks from then on.
Headed out Frenchmans way for some fast tracks and a big loop, finished the day around 3.00 on 110Ks
Saw a  few 4wD groups , few bikes + one large organised group, just had to keep left on blind corners  

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Al, lefty

Big River / stockmans Sept 15+ 16 Report 17 Sep 2018 20:26 #27540

• Jeff Grogan
  • Platinum Boarder

Big River / stockmans Sept 15+ 16 Report 17 Sep 2018 20:26 #27541

• Jeff Grogan
  • Platinum Boarder

Big River / stockmans Sept 15+ 16 Report 17 Sep 2018 20:27 #27542

• Jeff Grogan
  • Platinum Boarder

Big River / stockmans Sept 15+ 16 Report 18 Sep 2018 11:37 #27545

• Serge C
  • Administrator
  • I Wanna Be Sedated
  • Thank you received: 169
Jeff, 

Somewhere or other,  we have some corflute signs specifically for that purpose.  Hopefully someone can track them down and get one to you.
"That's what I do, I drink and I know things!" - Tyrion Lannister

Big River / stockmans Sept 15+ 16 Report 18 Sep 2018 13:43 #27546

• Ken R
  • Platinum Boarder
  • RETIRED?
  • Thank you received: 137
Oh Lefty - what happened? did your low oil pressure light start flashing or did you stop to find out why you were not getting any traction.

Hope there is no damage :)
It's just more time to be flat out!

Big River / stockmans Sept 15+ 16 Report 18 Sep 2018 20:08 #27548

• Al.C
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
Snow? that just looks like a bit of frost.

Big River / stockmans Sept 15+ 16 Report 19 Sep 2018 20:43 #27559

• lefty
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
Yeah it was a cold start to the day when I left home at 6am. Through Marysville and up the hill it was covered in snow, so I knew it was going to be a cool ride. I met up with Steve and Nige and we made our way passed the Rebels OMCG who just gave us the "fresh meat" look to Jeff and his brother who looked strangely warm and alive.
Bacon and eggs were on the menu, thanks Jeff, and off we went. Few great tracks and then 15ks into it the Husky lost a fair bit of power, I thought the first aid bag was pushing on the front brake lever as I had it around the handle bars. A quick inspection revealed one of the three sump plugs missing, f**k me.
Thats when the AMTRA family banded together, no crap, just got the job done. Cheers to Nige for the tow and Steve for getting my car and Jeff for directing traffic.
In the wash up I replaced the plug and oil, hit the starter and bang, off she went.
Cheers Jeff for the day...
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds